Peugeot 307 HDi cruise control - rallam
My 307 has done 6k miles and cruise control is unreliable. It seems to function OK for most of its use but is spontaneously unreliable.
The faults I have found at all speeds between 30 ? 70mph and in both 4th and 5th gears include the following:
1. Failure to engage cruise control.
2. Failure to increase or decrease speed when the appropriate button is pressed or only after a long delay in response (15 - 60+ seconds).
3. Increasing speed by 2 - 10 mph when climbing a hill then holding the new increased speed and not returning to the original setting. It originally only increased by 2 ? 3 mph but it now it increases by 10mph.
4. Failure to re-engage cruise control when the memory button is pressed.
I have had the car back 3 times now to the local Peugeot garage and it is now going back again. The garage have so far found a poor connection in the steering column wiring loom, replaced the steering column control stalk and now propose to reconfigure the management system components. In the garage, no faults have been identified but on road tests, the car has demonstrated the type 1 fault on two separate occasions.
Am I alone with this fault. Suggestions welcome.

Peugeot 307 HDi cruise control - cruising307
cruise control on pug 307 hdi 2 litre turbo.
how frustrate me, same problem, endless replies of yess yes yess, we are waiting for a fix from peugeot. so frustrating that I (in a moment of weakness snapped off the stick and asked for it to be replaced but only with one which works).
can anyone shed some more light on this subject about this very unfortunate problem on an otherwise great car????????
Have done 23,000 kms in less than 6 months and would love cruise to work on these long Aussie roads.
Marty.
Peugeot 307 HDi cruise control - SADIM
I have a 307SW bought in June. Its cruise control cut out after 15 minutes the first time I tried it and has done the same every time since. It also produces spurious warning messages about low oil levels & emission control.

The garage I bought it from couldn't find a fault and would only accept that there was a problem after I used a camcorder to record the warning message!

After 12 weeks they have not yet come up with a solution, but after complaining to Peugeot UK, I have just had a letter telling me that this is an issue known to Peugeot, and is caused by a software problem which Peugeot are trying (very slowly!) to fix.

Frankly, I'm not altogether convinced. Unless the same problem affects ALL Peugeot 307s with CC and the symptoms are similar it seems more likely that it is a hardware problem - probably a faulty chip.

I got very little response from Peugeot until I threatened to start legal proceedings under the Sale of Goods Act, which provides better consumer protection than the warranty.