Fiesta Mk4 (98) - Rear Reverse Light - Fiesta Fanatic
Hi

Its that time of year, the MOT, and I tested my lights this afternoon only to find out that my only reverse light wasnt working. Of course I naturally assumed that the bulb had blown, so I lifted the boot and took out the light cluster only to be faced with what looked like a perfectly good bulb. To double check this I tested it by swapping it with the brake light and it did indeed work.

Is this a common problem? Is there some well-known dodgy electrics concerning the reverse light on this model?

Tomorrow I will swap the rear plate with the other rear light and test to see of the reverse light will work (assumming the connecters are the same). I also thought it may be the actual fuse for the reverse light but couldnt find it...

Any help appreciated!
TIA.
Fiesta Mk4 (98) - Rear Reverse Light - Dynamic Dave
IIRC, the reverse light isn't part of the MOT check. There's also no mention of it in the testers manual.

www.motuk.co.uk/manual/contents.htm
www.motuk.co.uk/mot_testing.htm

I know I haven't help fix your problem, but at least you can get it MOT'd and worry about fixing the reverse lights at a later date.
Fiesta Mk4 (98) - Rear Reverse Light - Fiesta Fanatic
ahh cheers dd, didnt realise that.

Fiesta Mk4 (98) - Rear Reverse Light - Pete F
It's quite likely the reverse light switch has failed on the gearbox. Check it using a meter. If it has failed, be very careful unscrewing it as sometimes the switch shears off and leaves the thread in gearbox.