Dog chewed door handles Rover 75 - Humpy
The dog has chewed the rear door handles on the girlfriend's courtesy car, a Rover 75.

Can anyone suggest where I can get replacement handles if not from a Rover dealer and how do I get the handles off. I presume that the inside door covers need to be removed and that they are screwed on to that from the inside??

I admit that I haven't had a proper look yet but if somenone warned me first then I 'd know what to expect!!

I'd be very grateful for any advice...
Dog chewed door handles Rover 75 - Altea Ego
I cant comment specifcally on the 75, but usually they are screwed through the interior trim to the metal part of the door. Look for hidden or covered holes where you will find screws, beware they might be Torx heads and you will need a Torx driver.

One thing I can assure you on is that interior parts are VERY expensive, and usualy on an order only basis, ie you wont get one off the shelf.

I would get ringing round the breakers yards now to see if any have crashed written off 75's.
Dog chewed door handles Rover 75 - DL
Never worth the hassle sourcing 2nd hand handles - they're only £20.70+VAT each....
--
groups.msn.com/honestjohn - Pictures say a thousand words.....
Dog chewed door handles Rover 75 - SP
Did they taste nice ???

I'd blame the g/f for being too mean with the ped chum !
Dog chewed door handles Rover 75 - Stuartli
Cheaper to keep a tin of Chappie or Butcher's and a bowl in the car...:-)

No doubt you want the replacement costs to be kept down to the bone?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Thanks for all your advice and awful jokes. Just a time of butchers would never do it, he'd eat all day the little pink fluffy dice!!

DL, I assume you mean the interior handles, sounds very cheap, but I'm off to the dealer tomorrow to order a couple.
Yes, interior handles, indeed.
--
Grand total of £42 for the two handles. Not bad.

Now if only I could fit them.... Can any one give me a starter??
Dog chewed door handles Rover 75 - Wales Forester
I've never seen the inside of a Rover 75, but I should think you need to start by removing the door card (interior door trim). It's usually one piece, and normally screwed on at both sides and along the bottom, and probably also fixed by screws hidden behind the door pull handle inside.
Once the door card is off you should be able to see what is holding the handles together and work it out from there.

Sorry to be so vague but I've only ever taken Fords to bits!

Good luck,
PP
Dog chewed door handles Rover 75 - David Horn
You'll be dog-tired after doing all that...
There aren't any visible screw heads at all. I think I'll try the agricultural method which is find the 'loosest' part and pull and hope it comes off and reveals more bits to pull off!!
Dog chewed door handles Rover 75 - ShereKhan
About four years ago I remember making these door handles at on R75 line at Magna Car interiors (now known as Intier automotive) when trying trying get some cash working during my summer hols whilst at Uni. The handles are built as two pieces. The chrome section is attached by two nuts (torx bolts I think) so don't try to flip the chrome trim off. We had to glue some chrome trims when we ran out of bolts.

--
306 2.0 SE Cabriolet
Oh great!!

It'll be just my luck....
I'll see what I can dig up for you, instructions-wise....
--
No bother DL. Her alfa has been repaired and, I hadn't known until we went to pick it up, but it was repaired at a CD Bramall Rover bodyshop in Aylesbury. God bless them, when we explained our predicament they said that they would fit the handles and valet it for us free of charge!! We took the Alfa and left the car for the hire company to pick it up from there!!