Fiat Panda - doctorchris
I'm fed up with driving a big car now I don't really need one and fancy a Fiat Panda 4x4 when it comes out next year. Anyone know if they will put the diesel engine in this model? Also, do the Panda engines have cambelts or chains?
Fiat Panda - PR {P}
I think they are bringing the 1.3multijet diesel 4x4 over here, although not straight away.
Not sure about the belt issue but the diesel will not require anything more than "routine" maintainance for something daft like 250k km!!
There is a report on
www.channel4.com/4car/road-tests/driving-impressio...l

Or try www.italiaspeed.com
Fiat Panda - carl_a
I was shocked by the 20 seconds 0-60 for the 1.2 4x4 and 16 seconds for the diesel, must be a lot heavier than the normal model to have that reduction.
Fiat Panda - doctorchris
I think the 0-60 figure for the petrol version is distorted by 1st and 2nd gears being lower than on the standard model leaving a gap between 2nd and 3rd.
Fiat Panda - madf
Acceleartion is not a real issue for cars used in town (SWMBO's Peugeot 106 1.4 diesel is 0-60 in around 20 secs) - but once going keeps up with traffic. It even took her +4 large teenagers to school regularly.

But hillclimbing (steep ones that is) is poooooor so 2/3rd gear used a lot.

My advice is : dislike gearchanges? Lots of steep hills?.. don't buy one. Otherwise.. yes if you are patient..

madf