drone noise. Renault Megane. - allan doc
My megane is starting to make a droning noise when im driving. It constant with speed. e.g. When i go faster it gets louder. I\'ve tried pressing the clutch in and taking it out of gear and the noise stays the exact same. Anyone any ideas what this could be? It seems to come from the back of the car.
drone noise. Renault Megane. - Simon
Well it could be almost anything. Is it one of the rear wheel bearings?
drone noise. Renault Megane. - allan doc
don\'t know. do wheel bearings make that noise? i can\'t see any tyre wear, but will be worth taking a look. i\'ll also try jacking up the car and shaking the wheel.
drone noise. Renault Megane. - blinky
Similar droning noises on my Corsa after a new CV joint fitted.
drone noise. Renault Megane. - DL
It will be a wheel bearing. Jack up each wheel in turn and spin it - listen out for any noise (rumbling) when spinning the wheel.
--
groups.msn.com/honestjohn - Pictures say a thousand words.....
drone noise. Renault Megane. - bazza
Agreed, it's a wheel bearing. Same thing happened on mine, small job, especially if it's a rear one. You won't tell by looking at the tyres, you must do as DL suggests. Also get a passenger to listen around the car whilst going along at a speed giving the maximum noise.
drone noise. Renault Megane. - Razor
Definately sound like the rear wheel bearing. It could of been a number of things if it was comong from the front of the vehicle, ie diff bearings etc..