Speed thresholds - cheddar
Hi, I know the police generally work to the "10% + 2" rule, i.e 35mph in a 30 limit, 79 in a 70 etc however what are your experiences in this regard?

Mid afternoon today, clear and bright, little traffic, south bound on the M5 around Bridgewater, as I passed under a bridge I noticed - on the bridge - a lens being retracted into a police car through the n/s/f window. I was doing less than 85 (approx 82/83) heading towards the bridge, saw the police car too late, worried I have been caught on camera.

Regards.
Speed thresholds - Robin Reliant
Bearing in mind your speedo is anything up to 10% optimistic that would put you well under 80, and I doubt if the police would be too bothered to take it any further in that case.

If they nicked everyone who was within 10mph over the limit on motorways the courts would grind to a halt.
Speed thresholds - cheddar
Reckon most modern cars are fitted with fairly accurate speedo's, the tend to read on the high side though probably by only a few %, if reading 85 and the speedo is 5% fast then you are still doing over 80. Regards.