nissan primera thirsty mpg - welderjames
I have heard that changing the plugs on my 96 1.6 primera to a hotter one will give me more mpg,has anyone heard of this,and if so what type of plugs should i fit.Many thanks...
nissan primera thirsty mpg - dieselhead
Not sure fitting hotter plugs will give better economy unless the engine is miss-firing because of fouled up plugs. If the plugs are black and sooty suggests over fueling caused by faulty temp/ lambda sensor etc. Fitting hotter plugs would reduce symptoms but not cure the problem.
nissan primera thirsty mpg - Aprilia
Mpg is not normally determined by plug heat range. Fitter hotter plugs without good reason (i.e. exisiting ones are fouling) might damage the engine.
I thought that it sounded a bit suspect,apart from being thirsty ..(eg 20 quid=110-120 miles or so)
the car is as sweet as a nut.surely it should do a bit more...
nissan primera thirsty mpg - mark999
You look to be getting in the low 20s to the gallon it should be much more. My old 1.6 primera (carb model) would give 33-36mpg in town my later 2.0 injection would give 27mpg.
Check the obvious things ie bibding brakes, low tyre pressures, fuel leaks etc. then if no improvents a trip to the dealer for diagnostics is in order.
nissan primera thirsty mpg - blank
...my later injection 1.6 Primera gave over 30 mpg even when thrashed mercilessly. Twas a really economical car.

Have you looked at the plugs?
I had a 1.6 carb model 1990 it was ok on fuel,cant remember exactly ,but if it was sore on juice i am sure i would remember,havent had the inj model long,replaced air filter,plugs just yesterday,the filter was dirty but plugs looked ok,brakes are fine,car can be pushed with ease,.Have a 140mile trip to do on saturday,will see if any change in mpg,or its of to the garage to get checked on the dio.or i could keep pushing it..ha..thanks for the help.