Ali G car and finger snap? - BaseRSXmanual
Ok, you Britt?s need to help us out. How do you do the Ali G finger snap? I read that the queen mother learned to do it before she died!

Also to tie this to cars, and also because I am interested. What kind of car is he driving in ?In Da House??

We are behind in the Ali G popularity over here! :

Respec!!

Ali G car and finger snap? - No Do$h
If it's the blue hatchback it's a Renault 5 GT Turbo. Famed for going ridiculously quickly and for bursting into flames if not maintained properly.

As for the finger snap, well let's just say that a limp wrist and no history of RSI help.
Haha thanks. I think the blue one belonged to the "East Stains" gang. Where Ali from ?West Stains? drove a yellow one. But they were the same exact cars except for the color.

I still can?t do the finger snap lol!!
P.S. what the specs on the Renault 5 GT Turbo?? I'm very curious;)
Staines with an "e", although being a regular visitor to that part of the world I think your spelling is more appropriate!

Despite an extensive "Google" I'm no wiser on the finger snap. Perhaps an email to Buckingham Palace for the attention of Wills is in order?
Ali G car and finger snap? - NowWheels
Staines with an "e", although being a regular visitor to that
part of the world I think your spelling is more appropriate!

Old British Rail joke.

"What's the best train for Staines?"

"Take your pick, luv, they're all pretty mucky"

[off to get my coat ... ]
Ali G car and finger snap? - MarkSmith
I read somewhere of the Renault 5 GT Turbo that it was fast and unreliable. So they removed the turbo. Then it was just unreliable.

;-)

-Mark
www.r5-turbo.co.uk/spec.asp for the specs on the 90's boy-racer chariot of choice.
Ali G car and finger snap? - Chas{P}
www.webdez.net/alig/

The above is a translator for the Ali G lingo. Will even convert home pages of websites including this one. Enjoy
Bringing it swiftly back to motoring, am I right in thinking that the Renault 5 Gordini was a mid engine, in the same vein as the Clio V6?

A friend of my father had one when "oi were a nipper" and I vaguely remember much swearing accompanying the words "clutch" and "gearbox".
Man! I found one of the mid-engine/RWD Renaults for sale here in the USA on Ebay! I am so tempted to sell my car and get this! That would just be PURE style!!

cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&...W
Man! I found one of the mid-engine/RWD Renaults for sale
here in the USA on Ebay! I am so tempted
to sell my car and get this! That would just
be PURE style!!
cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&...W

Now people think I'm mad for driving an Alfa Romeo. May I strongly suggest you keep your Accura and stick to looking at photos of this horribly unreliable piece of automotive history?
Oh but isn?t the ?horribly unreliable piece of automotive history? what it?s all about? Anyone can drive a reliable, predictabable, safe, boring, FWD, Honda? But wouldn?t the wild, far better technology (at least by design) of a mid-engine RWD be a HELL of a lot more fun?!?! I would much rather have the engine die on the side of the road in a car like the Renault mid/RWD than just keep going in a boring Honda FWD? I mean this is board about cars correct?? Not amusement park rides??
Oh but isn?t the ?horribly unreliable piece of automotive history? what
it?s all about? Anyone can drive a reliable, predictabable, safe,
boring, FWD, Honda? But wouldn?t the wild, far better technology
(at least by design) of a mid-engine RWD be a HELL
of a lot more fun?!?! I would much rather have
the engine die on the side of the road in a
car like the Renault mid/RWD than just keep going in a
boring Honda FWD? I mean this is board about cars
correct?? Not amusement park rides??

Fair point, well made.

:o)
Ali G car and finger snap? - mare
Thank you Charles, thank you

wicked!
Ali G car and finger snap? - Hugo {P}
Hi Charles, I see you got the PC fixed then!

All the best to the family, and great to see you a few weeks ago!

H
Ali G car and finger snap? - spikeyhead {p}
The finger snap is done by holding the thumb and middle finger together together, lettign the forefinger relax and then shaking the hand so that the forefinger slaps against the middle finger which is held in place by the thumb.

This is proof indeed that I had a mis-spent youth.
--
I read often, only post occasionally
The finger snap is done by holding the thumb and middle
finger together together, lettign the forefinger relax and then shaking the
hand so that the forefinger slaps against the middle finger which
is held in place by the thumb.

Ow.

I'll send you my Doctor's bill.
Ali G car and finger snap? - Rob C
I've been trying that for a minute now with little success,

however the sounds emanating from my study are making my wife believe I may be viewing less than suitable websites.