CVH Extreme Idle Problem - Steveo4869
Hi,

Just some advise if I may. I have just finished reconditioning my CVH cyclinder head (Skimmed, New Valves, Guides seals and springs). When I installed it back in the car (Ford Fiesta XR2i 1991) and started it the rev meter immediatley idles at 3000 RPM for approx 30 sec then drops to 1500 RPM and proceeds to fluctuate back and forth from 1500 to 2000 RPM continuously.

I am stumped as I have checked for inlet leaks, air leaks but everything seems ok. My understanding is that the idle spped is automatic and no adjustment is necessary. Any suggestions much appriciated.

Many Thanks

Steve
CVH Extreme Idle Problem - mfarrow
Hi

I'd re-check everything you took off when you did the head. Could be a loose or dirty electrical connection on one of the sensors.
CVH Extreme Idle Problem - Andrew Moorey (Tune-Up)
After you have done that if the problem is still there, check the accel cable not too tight and the throttle plate is virtually closed. Remove the idle valve and give it a wash through in case it is sticky with oil goo. Disconnect the battery for 10 mins then start it up and walk away from it for a little while and see if it sorts itself out.
Andrew
--
Simplicate and add lightness!!