Dunlop SP 200 tyres. - Fred Fortune
Re the letter in todays paper from P V of Reading , I fitted a set of these tyres to my Toyota Carina 1.8 two years ago and have had no problems at all, in fact I changed them yesterday after 26000 miles for another set of the same tyre.
Re: Dunlop SP 200 tyres. - Charles Renard

I had a new Audi 80 some years ago fitted with Dunlop SP Sport tyres. The front tyres wore out at less than 9000 miles. As it was a company car I contacted the leasing company's fleet engineer for advice and was told to fit a tyre of harder rubber compound eg Pirelli or Goodyear. I opted for Pirelli and got over 20000 miles out of the front set without changing my driving style or loss of handling from the car. The leasing company engineer's opinion was that the Audi was front heavy and the Dunlop tyres fitted were too soft to cope with the stresses of front wheel drive, cornering and braking.
Re: Dunlop SP 200 tyres. - John Slaughter
My experience of Dunlop 200's is based on 205/60 x 15's. I hated them. The wet road grip deteriorated by the time they were only half worn, and the ABS worked overtime. Being a company car they couldn't be changed until 2mm!

They were harder than Goodyears, lasting 27k rather than the 24k of the original Goodyears. The car's now on Michelins, and they are fine. Like the Goodyears they have retained grip now down to 3mm, and as I now own the car I'll get them again. If the Goodyears had a fault it was road noise - they whined on some surfaces - the Michelins don't.
Regards

John
Re: Dunlop SP 200 tyres. - Tristan Chaize
Michelin Pilots are exellent tyres. They last a long time, they have very good grip in the wet and they are quiet. They were standard fitting on BMW 328's. I do not work for, nor have shares in Michelin.
Re: Dunlop SP 200 tyres. - DavidBrett
Why fit new tyres? Aircraft companies use remoulds and if you look at a 747 landing you will note the hammering they take!

Until recently I used Techniks remoulds made in Estionia but note they have closed now they are "in the west" - perhaps our wetern big boys have put presure on. They were bvery good tyres and would easily do 30K.

Anyone experience of "western" remoulds?
Re: Dunlop SP 200 tyres. - steve brinkler
The letter from PV of Reading in Saturdays Telegraph paper is interesting.

Fairly recently I bought a set of Dunlop SP 200s from Town and Country Tyres (part of Qwik Fit Group?) of Henley on Thames, just down the road from Reading! From the start I took the car back as the ride was very bumpy and queried if there was a problem with the tyres ie. being out of round etc? I was told they were OK but the wheels were changed round and rebalanced. There was a slight improvement but the ride was still very poor compared to the previous Uniroyals. I assumed I had just made a bad choice of tyres.

In the past I have found Town and Country very good for price and service, so where does one go for an independent assessment of the tyres? After reading of the problems reported by PV of Reading I will be following this matter up as it could be that there was a bad batch of SP 200 tyres delivered to the Reading area recently?

Any assistance with contact numers would be appreciated.