Is it really that bad? - AR-CoolC
The Mitsubishi Carisma that is.

I've just been looking through the Mitsubishi web site and went into the car configurator thingy and built my self a fully loaded Carisma.

It appears to be a lot of car for the money, but there are more than a few negative comments made about them. Has enyone out there run one long term? and as the subject title says - "is it really that bad?"

Thanks
Is it really that bad? - Vincentus
They're OK, really, but kinda old I'm afraid - based on old-shaped Volvo S40. Do yourself a favour and don't touch it :)
Is it really that bad? - Stuartli
Perhaps the most illogically model name devised - if there is any charisma it's very difficult to find.

However, some people do like lots of goodies even if the car involved has very few dynamic attributes.

Is it really that bad? - Stuartli
PS

The Volvo connection arises because Mitsubishi and Volvo built a new plant in Holland (I think on the DAF site) in the early 1990s to jointly build own brand cars based on the same floorpans and bodyshells.

Ironically it was the Volvo models that fared much better from the start.
Is it really that bad? - SjB {P}
The Volvo connection arises because Mitsubishi and Volvo built a new plant in Holland

They formed a new joint company at the same time, too, Nedcar.

Events move on though, and with the new S40/V50 being produced down the road in Ghent, Belgium, I recall that Volvo have now / are in the process of selling out to Mitsubishi.

Agree with the irony over the name, as the Carisma is dull, dull, dull, both to look at, and drive, I'm afraid. Although also now behind the times, I've found the sister S40s that I've driven to date, especially in 2.0T guise but excepting a horrid 1.9D, to be much better cars to drive, to be in, and to look at.

Takes Allsorts though.