Accessing Audi A4 Brakelight Bulb -How? - Halmer
Does anyone know how to do this please?

My mate's manual is in German and apart from pulling off a big piece of interior trim I can't for the life of me see how you access the light cluster at the rear.
It's an Avant estatey thing.
Accessing Audi A4 Brakelight Bulb -How? - Martin Sweeney
On current model saloon there is a cutout flap, size of £2 coin, in the trim just behind the light cluster. Prize this open with screwdriver in the toolkit and there is a crosshead retaining screw inside. The toolbox screwdriver is doubleheaded and the cross head fits this screw. the cluster needs a bit of a tug after you loosened the screw.
Accessing Audi A4 Brakelight Bulb -How? - Dulwich Estate
In my Avant the screw (more of a bolt with a crosshead top) is about 75mm long - don't drop it. I'm not sure you'll ever find it again. Yes, the whole darned light cluster needs one helluva tug to get it out. Fitting the dual filament bulb is then the easy bit. Then you have to push the the unit back so that the holes for the bolt line up and away you go.
Accessing Audi A4 Brakelight Bulb -How? - DL
Done one myself back along after much head scratching...

Yes, as above but be careful - it's quite easy to break the lamp if you are not careful....
--
groups.msn.com/honestjohn - Pictures say a thousand words.....
Cheers chaps!
He decided to drop the car in to the main dealer. Cost £26 to fix. Must be a big bulb!
£26??? The bulb costs approx 25p!
--
£26 for fitting the bulb no more no less.
My goodness - the one I replaced the other week - I never charged the driver a copper coin to change it.

I must become less charitable in future methinks.....
--
Accessing Audi A4 Brakelight Bulb -How? - Ian_A4
Hi, I'm assuming that the access details for getting at an A4 saloon are the same (ie) prise off the circular piece. In my car (2004 A4) the circular piece isn't cut out. I'd need to cut it as it's just pressed in at the edges.