Am I that out of date ? - Tony Bee
Went to look at a new Almera Tino today.
Crikey. Bit cramped across the shoulders compared with my beloved Xantia.
Lots of rough edges and very wide gaps in the dashboard plastic.
Fiddled with roof light and whole roof lining moved up about 2 inches and twanged back.
My wife spotted the Nissan badge on the tailgate being at least 10 degrees out of level.
At this point we both said stuff that it's junk.

Of course I know it isn't but it was not very impressive at all.

Is this what you get for serious money these days ?

Why oh why did Citroen not follow up the Xantia with a carefully aimed er---follow up. Like Xantia 2 and not that gallumphing C5.
Am I that out of date ? - sean
You said:

"Of course I know it isn't "

How?

WYGIWYPF

What you get is what you pay for.

WYSIWYG

What you see is what you get. (Before Windows)

It's not a Nissan now. It's a Renault. Didn't you read all the posts here?
Am I that out of date ? - Altea Ego
Absolutely. I was thinking of getting one to replace Scenic, I went, I saw, I tested, and thought the Tino was a very shoddy and cheap piece of kit.
Am I that out of date ? - Clanger
The C5 is a good drive and I found it very comfortable; most importlantly, you don't see its looks from the driving seat.
Hawkeye
-----------------------------
Stranger in a strange land
Am I that out of date ? - Hugo {P}
The C5 is a good drive and I found it very
comfortable; most importlantly, you don't see its looks from the driving
seat.
Hawkeye

The last vehicle called a C5 was a three wheeled pedal power assisted plastic pig invented by Sinclair.

As I understand the current C5 is more of a success - just goes to show that the motoring public don't have long memories!

How things have moved on (Thank goodness)

H
Am I that out of date ? - PhilW
"C5 is more of a success "

Not in looks - I still think it's ugly compared to the late model Xantias
Am I that out of date ? - PhilW
I guess that makes me out of date too!!
Am I that out of date ? - Ben79
"C5 is more of a success "
Not in looks - I still think it's ugly compared to
the late model Xantias

I drive a C5, but always think a well cared for XM looks great.
Am I that out of date ? - L'escargot
The C5 is a good drive and I found it very
comfortable; most importlantly, you don't see its looks from the driving
seat.
Hawkeye

The self-levelling suspension makes a friend of mine sick, so he sold his. He has not had this problem with any other car.
--
L'escargot by name, but not by nature.
Am I that out of date ? - Cardew
The Almera Tino is made in Spain isn't it?

The Almera saloon has had excellent reports for reliability and value for money.
Am I that out of date ? - peterb
I once had a C5 hire car - hated it.

Great ride, but at the price of no feedback from the road. Also, when I tried going 'round a roundabout at an "enthusiastic" speed, I found myself sitting in the passenger seat holding onto the steering wheel for dear life.

To be fair, it's big and can be had at a reasonable price. However if I wanted a big, cheap barge I'd get a Skoda Superb or a 2nd hand Camry/Maxima/Omega.
Am I that out of date ? - Sooty Tailpipes
This is why I can never understand why people think the Japs build good cars, this is exactly the sort of problems I have seen when colleagues give me a lift. Minibus fixtures and fittings. Cassette box plastics etc...
Am I that out of date ? - THe Growler
>>>>>>> This is why I can never understand why people think the Japs build good cars,

I don't know if this has relevance here, but where I live it definitely does. An "real" (sic in the local vernacular) Honda or Toyota from Japan will command a better price than a locally assembled one, even though the local factories are Japanese-managed. Call it snobbery if you will, but the widespread perception is that genuine Jap is best.

I can't vouch for that, having had excellent service from a Honda Civic and Mits L200 locally made. But I can certainly quote a parallel from Nokia. My first 4 Nokias fell to bits or gave up the ghost (especially the batteries and keyboards) in mere months. Then I bought a Siemens which was even worse, then an Ericsson, well enough said about that piece of junk. Finally I was enlighted by a friend: "before you buy any Nokia open it up and see if it was made in China. If it was don't touch it, ask for one made in Finland. It will cost you more but it's worth it". My Finnish Nokia is still going strong despite being dropped, soaked, abused, left behind in bars, and otherwise maltreated.

I'm always suspicious of any company which boasts a "Quality Control" dept. If it made the durn thing right from Day One it wouldn't need one.

Company culture is everything. Maybe Nissan, given the faults mentioned, has now got Renault Disease.

Am I that out of date ? - Ben79
Great ride, but at the price of no feedback from the
road. Also, when I tried going 'round a roundabout at
an "enthusiastic" speed, I found myself sitting in the passenger seat
holding onto the steering wheel for dear life.

Oh yes, the suspension does grip the road well, roundabouts feel unreal and its easy to go too fast.