Large Used Estate - Suggestions Please - Rick Laughton
I am looking for a large used estate car for no more than £5k. A good friend has suggested I look at the Omega - does anyone have any other suggestions or comments?

many thanks
Re: Large Used Estate - Suggestions Please - andy bairsto
Citroen xm 2.5td super large estate fully loaded will go for years and are not the nightmare people thing.Spares are cheap and readilly available.In fact in germany all the citroen agents have a waiting list of customers wanting to buy them .
Re: Large Used Estate - Suggestions Please - Jon L
I'll second that. I run a 2.5TD hatch and regularly get 40-45mpg, better than any V6 or 4 cylinder petrol at about 25-30mpg. The 1994-on models are much higher quality than early ones - and they're about £1-2k cheaper than 'comparable' cars ie. Audi, Volvo etc.
Re: Large Used Estate - Suggestions Please - Phil
Omegas are good and cheap. Nice chassis and engines and loads of space in the estate.

Volvo 850s not expensive either.
Re: Large Used Estate - Suggestions Please - Ian Cook
If you can stand the looks, what about a Scorpio. There can't be much that's bigger on the road, and it should be good value.

Ian
Re: Large Used Estate - Suggestions Please - John
Yes try the Scorpio. Ive run 2 over the last 6 years. No major problems with either apart from routine maintenance. Currently the 2.9 12v has done 160k. Brilliant motor with all the goodies. I know that a lot of people dont like the looks but theyre cheap to maintain. Dont worry about the high mileage they seem to be built for it
Re: Large Used Estate - Suggestions Please - dafydd tomos
see previous thread on merc w124 estates.
Large Used Estate - Suggestions Please - David Lacey
Audi 80 TDi
an A4 TDi Avant can be picked up for this money these days

D
Re: Large Used Estate - Suggestions Please - Paul
Got to be a Volvo, 900 series or 850

900s are cheaper than 850s, better turning circle, a little less MPG.

Last forever
Paul
Re: Large Used Estate - Suggestions Please - Martyn
Audi 100 will go on for ever