Renaults imported from Cyprus - BobL
Has any one had any recent experience of Renault Scenics imported from Cyprus and their specs compared to uk. I am in the market for a Renault Scenic 1.9dci 120 dynamique and am looking at Motorpoint in Derby who import these cars from Cyprus (new delivery miles). Unfortunately Motorpoint are unable to give details of exact spec until they are in the country. Looking on the Renault cyprus website, their spec for the dynamique is actually higher than uk i.e. additional climate control and sliding centre console. Just wondered if anyone has recently taken delivery of one of these cars and can give idea of spec vs UK
Renaults imported from Cyprus - petesbabes
Just a word about price is motorpoint cheaper than motorprovider (look in week?s best deals) who are selling them cheap. This is not a plug for them just a bit of advice on price, I think there cars are UK and are based in Sheffield. Hope this helps
Renaults imported from Cyprus - petesbabes
Sorry bob just looked at prices m/point are a bit cheaper but you have to add first reg and tax, not sure about m/priver but m/points are imports pretty sure m/providers are uk, it all boils down to whether you are ok with an import and its potential resale value compared to uk cars.
I bought Yaris from Motorpoint before and was happy with service. I can get Renaut Scenic 1.9dci dynamique for £12800 (pre reg) from Motorpoint and from best4cars £14100 (uk car pre reg). I really just wanted to know if anyone has experience of Cyprus renault imports and comparison of specs to uk cars? Not too worried about being an import if the spec is the same as i intend keeping car 3+ years and sell it privately where it wouldn`t be such an issue
Renaults imported from Cyprus - DavidHM
Cyprus is not in the EU. This means that the manufacturer's warranty will not apply - or if it did, it would be with Renault Cyprus. This means that even in the first year, your only warranty is through Motorpoint. Beyond whatever warranty period they offer as standard, you're on your own - Renault UK would have no reason to do anything for you.

www.motorprovider.co.uk in Sheffield has the Dynamique for £12,794 OTR, although metallic would probably be extra. This may be an EU car rather than a UK one (they do import now too and I think the Scénic is one of their imports) although you would have to confirm it with them. Either way, it's likely to be a safer bet than a Cyprus car.

www.newregcars.co.uk is £1k more expensive but this should be a UK car, albeit most likely preregistered.
Renaults imported from Cyprus - topaktas
Cyprus IS in the EU (as of 01.05.04)
Renaults imported from Cyprus - DavidHM
Sorry, my mistake - incomplete fact checking! I thought it was still negotiating...

In that case it's an EU import but it'd be worth double checking that it was brought across after 1 May.
Renaults imported from Cyprus - daveyK_UK
will be fine and a great bargian.

we purchased 2 astras form cyprus of motorpoint both pre reg imports - both bargains, parts the exact same.
had more spec.
and insurance was not extra - this is often a myth.

definately import again.
thinking of doing it from japan!
Thanks DavidHM, I hadn`t looked at Motorprovider. I`m certainly not blinkered to just looking at Motorpoint. Noticed on the Cyprus Renault website that the car described as Scenic 1.9dci dy has climate control and sliding centre console as standard. otherwise exactly same as uk spec. It`s just a shame Motorpoint cannot definately confirm the spec yet
Renaults imported from Cyprus - BobbyG
Have you tried what UK Renault dealers are doing? I paid £13800 for my Scenic dci Dynamique, pre reg with 6 miles on clock. As well as usual package, came with climate, sunroof, folding mirrors and keyless entry, not to mention metallic paint.
It is a UK car, full 3 year warranty and bought from a Renault dealer.
Book price would have been nearer £19K.
My local renault dealer (Swindon) is a joker, he wants £13.5k (after haggling) for 03 plate Scenic dci Dynamique (11k miles) with 17" alloys (all tyres need replacing soon) has metallic paint, sliding cente console, and driving pack. The trade in he offered for my car was only book
Renaults imported from Cyprus - LongDriver {P}
Definitely worth checking the warranty issues and that the cars were imported after 1st May, given (particularly) Renault electrical problems!
Forgot to add, that when I was looking at Motorpoint (where I eventually purchased 2 cars, one Belgium import, on ex-hire), I recall that the Cyprus-sourced Renaults had seat cloth and stereos from the next trim level down compared to the equivalent UK spec car. Also I recall that trip computers were similarly missing.
Renaults imported from Cyprus - looking4car
Lots of good advice but nobody has actually answered the original question regarding differences in spec.

Sorry, I don't know either, but I'd advise you to check if the car has a heater.
Unusual for heaters to be omitted these days in cars outside the tropics/subtropics. It gets cold everywhere else at night (at the very least) at some time of the year.
Renaults imported from Cyprus - malteser
You usually get upwards of a meter of snow in the Troodos mountains in Cyprus. I can assure you when you are there you need a heater!
--
Roger. (Costa del Sol, España)
Renaults imported from Cyprus - malteser
In winter, of course. I recall trying to learn to ski there in 1956 I think it was.
--
Roger. (Costa del Sol, España)
Renaults imported from Cyprus - william
Visited Motorprovider at Sheffield and looked at a Scenic 1.9 Dci 120 Dynamique.. looked to me to be Uk specification, had 3 yrs warranty and they confirmed on the log book I would be first registered keeper and declared brand new in great britain, phoned motorpoint and they had nothing I could see and they wouldnt commit to what specification they had, although they did confirm that only had 1 yr Cyprus wartranty.
Looks like I may go to Motorprovider, as they seem marginally cheaper than other companies for uk sourced cars. There is a 4 week wait and you cannot specify options. I had same problem as william in that Motorpoint cannot confirm specification till cars are on site in Glasgow. They are taking deposits for the cars now but obviously if they have your deposit and the spec is not what was expected you lose the deposit if you decide not to purchase. If they haven`t all gone by the time they arrive on site I`ll go up and view in person and leave deposit ....
Renaults imported from Cyprus - flatfour
Looked a buying a Mazda imported from Cyprus, it didn't have a heater, you don't need one over there, also the safety equipment was far less, and although you buy it cheaper when you PX it its value is ziltch.
Renaults imported from Cyprus - daveyK_UK
flatfour - via which broker?
Renaults imported from Cyprus - loophole
hello Bobl,sorry i cant help with your question but could you help me with website of arenault dealership in cyprus