Rover 214 alarm - tonyh
My daughter has a rover 214 and the alarm keeps going off at irregular intervals,if anyone has any suggestions and doesnt want to publish on this site perhaps you could contact me at my email address tonyhrs@blue yonder.co.uk thanks Burman
Rover 214 alarm - Civic8
Sorry. I forget whether it has interior movement sensors. The alarm is able to pick up any voltage drops. And may be caused by door switch`s/fault in electrical system.Or if it has interior sensors. Could be caused by either fly or spider moving around?.It is rare but has been caused by faulty alarm. This is expensive. As alarm is. as immobiliser built into ECU. I would first check out Door switch on each one to make sure of free movement.Any sticking would replace.
--
Was mech1
Rover 214 alarm - Dynamic Dave
Make sure the seatbelts have fully retracted before locking the car/setting the alarm. This happened to my mate\'s old Orion. The belts were slow in retracting and crept back in after he had parked up the car. The alarm sensors were in direct line of the belts. Aftermarket alarm fitted, not factory fit, btw.

Also make sure any air vents are closed. On a windy day a gust can blow in through them if left open.

Rover 214 alarm - DL
Clean/replace as req'd the door pillar switches. They give lots of problems.
--
groups.msn.com/honestjohn - Pictures say a thousand words.....
Rover 214 alarm - tonyh
Thank you for your replies, it turns out that our grandson had partially opened one of the rear doors, it was only when I checking the door switches that I found the answer cheers Burman