Fiesta MK5 (2000) Sump? - NScott
I have recently bought a 2000 Fiesta Finesse Mk5 and looking underneath I notice a little bit of surface corrosion here and there, including on the front surface of the sump pan. Having had to replace a sump pan on my previous car (a '95 Rover 114), I am a little concerned, though this is probably not a problem right now. Should there be corrosion on a 4-year old sump? I know older Fiestas are/were prone to sump rust.
Fiesta MK5 (2000) Sump? - madf
Mine (2001) has a few scrapes starting to rust. I covered with Waxoil. Any steel unpainted will rusts and rust...

madf

would waxoil or corroless wax etc be the best thing to use to try to hold the rust?

or something else?

or is there nowt you can do?
Fiesta MK5 (2000) Sump? - Ford Dagenham
Hi

The sump is made entirely of aluminium, unless its the 1.3 pushrod.

--
(iam not a mechanic)

Martin Winters
The engine for mine is the "Enduro E" 1.3, which I take it is what you mean by the pushrod, ie not a zetec?

hence the rust on the sump pan?

Fiesta MK5 (2000) Sump? - Ford Dagenham
Hi

The pushrod engine is the 1.3

Its sump is made from steel i think.

If it has not been painted properly the existing paint will bubble and peel off.

--
(iam not a mechanic)

Martin Winters
Hi,

I\'ve seen this rusting on quite a few Fiestas and Kas which are
not very old.

Nothing to do with fed up Dagenham workers round about 2000ish I suppose?!

Anyway, what\'s the best thing to do to stop further corrosion (which will inevitably lead to a porous sump)?

Neil
Fiesta MK5 (2000) Sump? - Civic8
Not certain about Waxoil. May not agree with sump heat. Would suggest clean off rust using either emerycloth/sandpaper. Wire brush may do the job?
Then use a heat resistant paint to cover exposed metal. Doubt you will have any more probs
--
Was mech1