BMW 530d service- minimum for a stamp - Ben {P}
Need to sell the 530d. It still has one green service light illuminted, but we have decided to send it to BMW for a service so it has the full five green lights at point of sale. Last service was an inspection 2, so i presume the next is just an oil service. What i want to know is, will they stamp the book if they find, for example, the rear pads are a bit low, and i decide not to let them replace them while its in for the oil service?
BMW 530d service- minimum for a stamp - John S
Yes, next service due is an oil service. The book will be stamped, but the check sheet and probably the invoice too will note any such advisory items.

JS
Thanks. I plan to do any work they recommend such as pads, discs, etc, i just didn't want to pay the £100/hr our local BMW dealer charges.
BMW 530d service- minimum for a stamp - motorwise
The service light can be reset very easily without the need for special tools or the main dealer - find the diagnostic socket and earth pin 7 via an LED for 3 seconds (oil) or 12 seconds (inspection)

hope it helps
BMW 530d service- minimum for a stamp - Dalglish
I plan to do any work they recommend such as pads, discs,
etc, i just ...

and there i was planning to contact you to buy the car! ;-)

oh well, i will give it a miss then.

oil change is doddle. since it is a sept.2000 x-reg car, you should be able to reset the service lights from the "trip odometer button".

but i guess as a hobby-car-dealer you probably already knew that, and - as implied by your title of this thread - what you are really after is getting the service stamp in the book (to make it attractive to sell) for the cheapest/minimum item of work ?

full instructions can be found by doing a google search.
I am not sure if your initial interest was in jest. The car still has a green light illuminated, but we feel the service interval is just too long. Oil was changed with the recommended oil "mid-service" ie with three lights still on as a precaution. Asked BMW to do it , but they wouldn't as it "didn't need it".

I am not a hobby car dealer. The car is my dads not mine. He is selling as he has very bad arthritis, in his hands in particular, and has trouble driving it for long periods as its manual. The previous owner was BMW as recorded on the V5.

The reason i asked about the minimum for as stamp was because a friends mum uses the same garage. When she had her three series in for a service recently they said it needed "all new wishbones". But it didnt. In the past my parents have also been ripped off by dealers charging for things they havent done, and other things that were completely unecessary. Hence my concern for them.

I also asked as an ex-fleet car i once owned had full dealer stamps, yet appeared to have had nothing but oil and air-filter changes despite the 100k milleage. Still had original spark plugs! So much for full service history.

When we get round to selling i will include all paper work which would show what was recommended anyway. The rear pads still have 4mm of friction material left.

If you are genuinely intersted, the car is in very good condition, and is not something that has been bought it in , tarted up for the minimum of cash and ready to be punt out. This would be obvious to anyone viewing the car. We did plan to keep, it has a new up to date sat nav disc as well as the original, and has had new expensive tyres fitted recently, BMW parts and repair catalogue on disc, etc. So , IF you are genuinely interested send me an e-mail to the address in my profile.
BMW 530d service- minimum for a stamp - Dalglish
I am not a hobby car dealer

>>

sorry, ben. my mistake. somehow i had formed the impression that you dabbled in buying selling cars as a hobby. must have got you mixed up with someone else in my mind.
If you are genuinely intersted, the car is in very good ....

>>
thanks. when you are ready to sell, post full details of ownership, history, etc. in the classified section on this forum, and i will think about it seriously then.

Ok will do. Even if i was a dealer the car isnt mine. I dont even own a car at the moment- i'm just a poor recent graduate struggling to pay back debt incured. Money well spent, i can now get exactly the same job i could of got if i didnt go to university.

You are probably not mistaken, and i can see how you have come to that conclusion. I have posted about auctons and prices here, as i bought my last car at one, and have bought one or two cars for close friends of the family. Not trading, they just ask me to sell their car and replace it with something more suitable. The BMW is nothing to do with me.

Large digital photos will be available in a few days. I'll stick it in the classified section next week, as that is when it is off to BMW for its serice.
BMW 530d service- minimum for a stamp - Mark (RLBS)
DD moderated this once, but I decided to do it again and removed all the conversation.

I think you've forgotten that you're in "Technical Matters".