Thanks to Ford - cheddar
I have a two year old Mondeo Ghia X TDCi, it has not been entirely trouble free though I guess not too bad over nearly 80k miles, had a recent issue which I contacted Ford Customer Services about (Glasgow), they liased with the dealer and myself, I really felt they were on my side, I had a call earlier this week asking if all was well, even though I said that the issue is now all but resolved they said that they wanted to offer me free service, the next day I recived a letter to the same effect in the post! Must be worth around £150!

This reminds me of a recent post from "Mutley" who had an offer of a free service from Ford for his company car which he could not benefit from personally even though it was him that had been inconvenienced. It has occured to me that he should say to his employer that he has managed to negotiate a free service which will save them more than £100 therefore he wants to take his wife out for a £50-00 meal for two and claim it on expenses, I i.e. sharing the benefit.

Regards.