Auto Supermarkets - JB1
I\'ve just started out on a search for my next wagon and wanted to ask if negotiating a purchase at the Supermarkets is the same as at a Dealership or from a private seller - or are the prices deemed so reasonable as to be immovable?

One place I\'ve looked at is Jeffries Farm in Crawley. The cars are generally 2 years old or less, RAC Inspected if less than 10,000 miles and HPI vetted.

Also, when bargaining, is there ever a standard figure/percentage to knock off the display ticket to proceed with?
Auto Supermarkets - Stuartli
Car supermarkets' prices are, as is obvious, lower than dealerships and their profit margin for negotiation or PX values is therefore lower.

But there will be some leeway, although no car salesman normally gives away sums that could be of more use to him and his company...:-)

An instance is when a friend bought a Ford Focus some considerable distance from home; he found the particular model he required, the price was excellent and he agreed a PX price for his own car by telephone.

On arrival the Focus was exactly what he anticipated and the deal was sealed - or apparently so.

But it was to prove a nice surprise. The salesman said, as the negotiations were being concluded, that because the telephone description of the PX vehicle was so accurate he was allowing an additional £200 on the PX valuation.

This seems to be a pleasant variation on the in-trade gentleman's agreement that a price offered to a trade seller given over the phone to a trade buyer will be honoured if the description of the vehicle is as described.
Auto Supermarkets - Vansboy
Worth a trip to Blackbushe Auctions, instead, I'd say!

If you're buying THAT new, you'll save £$£$ & still have warranty, if you choose with a bit of care.

So long as you've not got a trade in, thats high value, must be worth a click on AuctionView link, to our left!

Which model new car do you fancy?

VB
Auto Supermarkets - JB1
Thanks for the replies. There's no trade-in. So far I'm looking
at the Audi A6 (poss. TDi or petrol equiv.) or the Peugeot 406 Coupe. There was an '02 A6 1.9 TDi at the Supermarket for £13.5k.

I shall check out Auction View before I do anything else.