Advice on value of good Sierra Sapphire - Ian D
I am selling an exceptional Sierra Sapphire on behalf of an ill relative and I would appreciate any advice on its value. It is a May 1999 F reg 4 door 1.8L Sapphire saloon, one owner from new, garaged from new, 48,000 miles, MOT until April 2005, Tax for 3 months, metallic blue, no rust, drives exceptionaly well, any advice on its value greatly appreciated.

Ian D
Somerset
Advice on value of good Sierra Sapphire - Civic8
Think you mean 1989. I know someone that has just sold his. G reg garaged all its life full ford history. Not a mark on it literaly. done 54k sold it £450. They are not a great seller but but may be ideal first time buy. Apart from anyone that wants a classic.
--
Was mech1
Advice on value of good Sierra Sapphire - Imagos
Although you say it's exceptional it's still a Sierra unfortunaly and worse it's a 'L' and it's blue. It doesn't really matter how good the condition is etc etc and it could be a classic one day but cars like this are still worth buttons. Yes it'll make an ideal car for somebody and hopefully they'll cherish it. My valuation (if it's as good as you say it is) between £300-400.
Keep the valuations coming! And yes it is 1989.
Advice on value of good Sierra Sapphire - No Do$h
Your best bet may be an ad in the back of a kit-car magazine. A low mileage Sierra is worth something there as the majority of the components can be used for a Cobra or Caterham style kit with little or no refurbishment. The option to drive the donor rather than trailer it helps as well.

Appreciate this will be seen as sacrilege, but if it gets the best price......
Thanks NoDosh, I did actually think of this as I know the 5 speed box is always in demand but was unsure if the 1.8 CVH Ford engine featured in any kit cars. I will do a search for kit cat mags/websites ans see what I can do, seems a shame but if it produces the most Dosh the so be it...
Advice on value of good Sierra Sapphire - tr7v8
1.8 CVH is genrally unwanted for Kit cars as it has nothing in common with the smaller CVHs, the engine is based on the american CVH and has roller rockers, different manifolds etc.

Jim
Advice on value of good Sierra Sapphire - Morris Ox
If it's clean then you take your chances. But 48k on a 15 year old car is NOT good - it sounds like it's been sitting doing nothing a lot of the time. The value lies in the MoT.