Vauxhall Vectra Battery - Cougar
Can anyone tell me the correct battery for my 1997 Vauxhall Vectra 2.0 Auto. The hand book offers 4, 44Ah/55Ah/66Ah/70Ah and no indication which is right for my car! Various local battery suppliers say 40Ah is plenty big enough and others say must be 60Ah. I would appreciate any advice.
Vauxhall Vectra Battery - Dynamic Dave

Personally I would have said a 40Ah battery isn't man enough. On my previous 4 Cavalier's and Astra they were 55Ah as standard fitment. I can't remember what is was on my Vectra(b) though.

Is there no label on the battery that indicates the rating?

It isn't a Vauxhall battery but a MotaQuip and the rating label is blank!

Have you tried Vauxhall? YOu'll be surprised at how cheap their batteries are. Used to be made by AC Delco and were rebranded with the Vauxhall logo - prob still are. 3 yr guarantee on them as well. They should also be able to advise on the correct rating.

Personally I wouldn't go for anything less than a 55Ah one though.

Vauxhall Vectra Battery - Victorbox
The smaller engined Cavaliers's, Astra's etc (1400cc & 1600cc) certainly use 44Ah from the factory. Our old 1 litre Nova used 35Ah by comparison. Perhaps 55Ah is enough for 2 litres unless you live in Sweden. You will be surprised how cheap genuine AC Delco batteries are from the Vauxhall dealer.
Vauxhall Vectra Battery - jc
It's probably 44 for a manual,55 for an auto and the others for Scandinavian countries.
Thanks guys for the advice! You were right about Vauxhall they offered a 65Ah for £42, although they still couldn't say what the correct one was!
Hi,

I've been informed that a 44Ah battery is the standard fitment on your Vectra. Quite a surprise that it it so small. As previously mentioned though, I would go for at least the 55Ah one.

Thanks once again, I am going to go with a 65Ah from Vauxhall for £43 with a 4 year guarantee!

I don\'t know how to close a thread but I have definitely got the info I requested and I am very impressed with the help!

Thanks to everyone who contributed.