Seat Toledo - hatchback stuck - MS
Hello

I cannot open the hatchback on my 1995 Seat Toledo :-(

There are two catches, one on each side of the hatch. One of these unlocks ok, but one does not.

The mechanism from the key moves ok and appears to be still connected to the broken catch.

To access the screws holding the catch to the bodyshell and the hatchback requires the hatch to be open... :-(((

Any suggestions as to how I can get the hatch open?

TIA
Michael
Seat Toledo - hatchback stuck - Civic8
I dont know the Toledo. but would think the rear seats fold.
if so access to lock will be from inside. using a screwdriver push the lock lever away from its mounting it should then open. this may involve taking trim off the tailgate to get to it. as I said I dont know the car so may be wrong.?
--
Was mech1
Seat Toledo - hatchback stuck - MS
I've had all the trim off the inside of the boot and tailgate and I can see no way of releasing the catch.

The mechanism from the lock is working ok and I can just about feel it connecting to the seized catch, but there is no access to the catch, unless the tailgate is open...
Seat Toledo - hatchback stuck - Stuartli
Have you tried contacting the service manager of your local Seat dealership or Seat's own technical department?

I've always found that service managers are happy to help if they can with problems - it's good public relations on their part.
Seat Toledo - hatchback stuck - Civic8
>>The mechanism from the key moves ok and appears to be still connected to the broken catch.

It cant be if it wont release. unless there is a failure in the mechanism. would suggest taking to Seats or ask them by phone and see what they come up with. As mentioned before?

--
Was mech1