Vel Satis - doctorchris
My friend's brother has just bought a 1yr old, 10,000 mile top of the range Vel Satis (£30.000 new) for £14,000. Bringing it to show me tomorrow. You can't go wrong at that price can you.
Vel Satis - Aprilia
You can't go wrong at that
price can you.

Wait another year and ask that question again.
Vel Satis - Phoenicks
Good on your brother!!!

I think they look different in a way that i think will actually be looked at as a minor classic in 20 years - it'll be rare and weird!

I think they're great in a 'i wouldnt buy one' way - bit like a Focus RS...
Vel Satis - Phoenicks
oops. i meant friends brother. sorry.
Vel Satis - Imagos
Drove one of these for the first time on tuesday, it was an 22k on an 03 reg and drove about 150 miles, now i'm not really a Renault fan but I came away impressed. I love the exclusivity, the interior, the way it drove and the gadgets, although the tyre pressure indicator didn't know the front from the rear! the voice command telling me that front right was low when in fact it was the rear right.
Everything worked (surprisingly) My main critisism though was the dated way the leather seats looked. They looked as if the were plucked straight from an eighties Renault 25.

Yes i would be quite happy to have this as my own vehicle, but for the depreciation. Definatly one to buy and keep for a very long time.
Vel Satis - LongDriver {P}
Ahh the good old Renault wonky tyre pressure transponders.

The reason it was telling you the wrong tyre is that the transponder can only be reset by your Renault dealer (I think) and someone has rotated the tyres without doing this. Thus, the car thinks that the wheel is on a different corner.
Vel Satis - Imagos
Ahh the good old Renault wonky tyre pressure transponders.

interesting point LD thanks.. i shall inform the guv'nor at work, that had us all foxed!
Vel Satis - Altea Ego
I have decided I want an Aventime. Now that will be a classic in a few years time. The shape has grown on me, and one passed me on the m6 - never seen a car on the move with such presence.
Vel Satis - Sofa Spud
So far I have seen a total of 1 (one) Renault Vel Satis on the road. Were I to say that a vinyl roof and chromed 'pram-hood' S-brackets on the rear quarter panels would improve its looks I think you'd know what I thought of it!

However I think the Avantine looks quite nice, only it was a concept that was unlikely to sell. A 4 seater version of the Espace? Why, it's like a pick-up truck version of the Porsche 911! (Oh, by the way, someone did actually build one of those too, despite the rear engine!!!)

Cheers, SS
Vel Satis - Imagos
I have decided I want an Aventime.

Yes i would have an Avantime or a Vel Satis (after driving one recently).. Me in a Renault??

Pie, humble, Eating, ;-)
Vel Satis - THe Growler
Surely tyre pressure transponders must be well up there among the useless features in the thread about same?

Not to mention on a Renault as well. Aaaagh!!
Vel Satis - Imagos
Surely tyre pressure transponders must be well up there among the
useless features in the thread about same?

They're usefull if the work properly,and it's fun watching them go up and down as tyre heats up and cools down. The day i drove the car in question was a reasonably hot day with heavy showers dotted about and the pressures actually went down a few psi on a wet road, then went up as it dried out. But the audible warning in thev Vel satis kept saying 'warning front right tyre pressure low' After a visual inspection and checking with a hand held digital tyre pressure gauge and much head scratching it was in fact the rear right tyre (looking from the front) was low so i suppose it defeated the idea of a transponder warning system.

The French obviously don't have nearside of offside either. What is right side of car?? when your sitting in it or when you look at car from front??
Vel Satis - Happy Blue!
I would love one of these to replace the S80 thats going tomorrow. However, I lost £5,700 in 20 months on the Volvo, so don't fancy doing that again. Maybe buy a five year old one in three years time.
--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?