Small Automatic Diesel 4 or 5 door - nikki
I would appreciate your informed opinion on which are the best small, ladies cars, with an automatic gearbox, a Diesel engine, Air Conditioning and ease of entry and with a softish ride.
I find that many Japanese cars (like the Jazz) ride like bricks. recommend. Why oh why, when the roads are so bad do the manufactures assume that we all have German bottoms and wish to corner on the door handles?I am therefore looking at the present Ford Focus, C3(not availble in Auto diesel)or the coming Citroen C4, Tyota Yaris, new Fiat & perhaps the new Astra. Plus any others that you might. My thanks in anticipation
Small Automatic Diesel 4 or 5 door - Quinny100
I'm sure the C3 1.4HDi is available with a Sensodrive gearbox, which to all intents and purposes is an automatic - although it has paddleshift you dont have to use them as it has a full auto mode.

My girlfriend is made up with her C3, its easy to drive, seats 4 adults and its very economical.
Small Automatic Diesel 4 or 5 door - NowWheels
Probably bigger than what you want, but Renault is due to bring out an automatic version of the Megane, with the 100bhp 1.5DCi enfine

Even in that size, diesel automatics are rare, but in the supermini size they are very rare.

However, the Megane tends to be heavily discounted, if price is a factor.
Small Automatic Diesel 4 or 5 door - bartycrouch
As far as I am aware (other backroomers please correct me) none of these offer diesel autos. Even the Jazz isn't a diesel despite having a DSI prefix in its trim level (dual sequential ignition).

I know the citrown xsara had a diesel auto. That should be comfy enough!

Small Automatic Diesel 4 or 5 door - cjehuk
The C3 HDI is as far as I'm aware the only supermini, but the following small hatch diesels are available with auto:

Audi A3 (5 door due shortly) 2.0TDI with DSG Auto
Citroen C2 Furio HDI (according to the latest What Car)
Citroen C3 1.4 HDI Sensodrive
Citroen Xsara HDI
Fiat Punto Multijet 1.3 *may* have an auto (again What Car show it, Diesel Car don't)
Ford Fiesta Diesel apparently has auto
Mercedes A-Class
VW Golf 2.0TDI DSG

Chris
Small Automatic Diesel 4 or 5 door - bartycrouch
I thought about the Audi as the best choice, but although it is small(ish); it's a lot of money, it must be near £20,000 with little discounts.

The A-class ride might be too harsh, but it is probably the only car that Nikki might be able to find second-hand.

If the Fiesta had a Diesel automatic it would probably be called a Duratorq with a Durashift, but I can't say I have seen one.

So it looks like Citroen or Renault then..