Mondeo 1.8 Zetec engine dies? - Rimfire
Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum and I am hoping you may be able to offer some advice on a Mondeo problem.

When slowing down from speed the engine will fail to idle and will die but will usually restart. When starting from cold or hot the engine often hunts around the idle rpm or may simply start and die. This can happen several times before it will run properly. When it does run properly it occasionally hunts around the idle rpm otherwise it runs perfectly.

The garage have not been able to find a problem as the problem never manifests itself at the garage. There are no failure codes showing on the diagnostics.

Has anyone experienced this problem before and how should I go about curing the problem/

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks guys

Rimfire
Mondeo 1.8 Zetec engine dies? - Dynamic Dave

Sounds like the ISCV (Idle speed control valve) is at fault.
Mondeo 1.8 Zetec engine dies? - Rimfire
DD,

Thanks for your response. I am not familiar with modern engine managment systems or the valve you are refering to. Where is this valve located and what is its purpose. I i=understand from your post that it controls the idle speed! Is this correct?

Many thanks for your reply.

Regards

Rimfire
Hi,

Not sure where the ISCV is located. In fact, I\'m not at all familiar with Ford engines, however I\'ve just done a quick forum search for you. Check out Andrew\'s reply in the following thread:-

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=21595

Whoops!! that thread refers to the opposite of your problem.

Try another one of Andrew's:-

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?v=e&t=15...3

Someone who knows what they're on about will be along shortly - hopefully ;o)

Mondeo 1.8 Zetec engine dies? - Stuartli
Idling seems to be a problem with some Ford engines - apparently software upgrades can solve it.

Have a hunt on www.ffoc.co.uk/forum/ for a Ford based Q and A forum...:-)
PS

Been suggested previously that I prefix web links with the HTTP protocol - I do but it never appears...:-)
..yet, when I do a Reply to this Message, the http:// prefix is actually visible above as in this case....:-))))