94 Supra TT a good buy? - mark999
I have the opportunity of buying a uk spec Supra turbo automatic.
The car is a 94 with 100k on the clock but has been maintained to a high standard by an enthusiast.
Am I barking mad even considering such a car I really dont want to end up with a money pit.
At present Im running a yaris for running to work and an 1100 virago for weekend blasts.

The Supra is for sale at £8k which I think is a bit ott the only mods are an induction kit and performance exhaust.

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks,
Mark
94 Supra TT a good buy? - Aprilia
I have the opportunity of buying a uk spec Supra turbo
automatic.
The car is a 94 with 100k on the clock but
has been maintained to a high standard by an enthusiast.
Am I barking mad even considering such a car I really
dont want to end up with a money pit.
At present Im running a yaris for running to work and
an 1100 virago for weekend blasts.
The Supra is for sale at £8k which I think is
a bit ott the only mods are an induction kit and
performance exhaust.
Any advice would be appreciated
Thanks,
Mark

Nice cars, but £8k is seriously OTT !
94 Supra TT a good buy? - frostbite
Check the insurance premium.
94 Supra TT a good buy? - mark999
Insurance around £400 with £100 xs

Any ideas as to how much the car is worth?
94 Supra TT a good buy? - Rob C
£8000 for a UK supra at 100K isn't too bad, knock him down £500. £8K for a Jap would be OTT
Check for crash damage, especially to the rear quarters.
Other than that, go for it.

Have a look on www.mkivsupra.net for general buying advice in the Resources pull-down.

If you buy it, join up for a tenner, we're all nice folk really.
94 Supra TT a good buy? - Sprice
These JZA80 Supra twin turbos are rapid with stock parts, 326 bhp, doing 0-60 in 4.8 seconds, and on to 155mph. However, as is the case with this one, there are usually performance add ons, typically mongoose exhausts and Blitz induction kits, not to mention iridium plugs and TRD oil filters!
Goes without saying they are very expensive on petrol, especially in automatic guise, however, they are desirable cars and UK spec is rare, go for it.
94 Supra TT a good buy? - Algernon
Mine is slightly odd, being an import with only 14k on the clock and unmodified except for Superchip to bring it up to UK spec performance (but no speed limiter!). So naturally I have had no troubles.

The fuel consumption is a bit astonishing, admittedly, when it is pushed, and one needs something else for day to day use. However, service at the excellent local dealer (may I mention Struan of Dundee (and Perth)) is at quite normal rates, which makes it an economical near supercar. And one has old time Japanese built reliability.

Even on PZeros with slip control it wants some watching in the wet! But it handles very well in the dry, and reports of them being "uninvolving" compared with this or that I maintain means that they do not turn round and bite you. Granny, given light shoes, could do her shopping in one.

I do feed it on Optimax.

Purchase direct from importer never regretted, although expensive compared with what is being looked at here.

Cam belt? A blow up would cost.

94 Supra TT a good buy? - Rob C
I've heard rumours that the engine is non-interference, so cam-belt not hyper critical but still worth changing, as it is on any second-hand buy.