Audi A3 uneven wear, rear tyres? - David_S
Hi,
Im puzzled as to what is wrong with the rear of my car? I had a set of brand new Yoko 205/55/16 tyres put on my Audi A3 1.6 sport back in May. I?ve just renewed the rear pads (which was a bit of a nightmare) but on removal of the rear wheels I have noticed that I also now need two new tyres as the inner edges of both tyres have canvas showing!! Im worried that there is something seriously wrong with the car as the tyres have only done short of 4000miles, the inner edges show canvas but yet on the outer edge there is about 9mm of tread and both tyre pressures are 28-29psi. If anyone could help find the cause of this it would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Richard Anderson
Audi A3 uneven wear, rear tyres? - Aprilia
You have a very serious problem there! Not really useful to spend too much time speculating on here as to the cause - get it to a dealer (or someone who has accurate chassis geometry kit) and get them to check the alignment. Obviously tyres in that state are both illegal and potentially dangerous - not to mention that fact that your geometry is way out, leading to possibly dangerous handling.