Bosch Car service centres - smoke
I know that Bosch makes parts for cars but didn't know they have a service franchise until i actually popped into one today. (An ex ford dealer near me has turned into a bosch service centre, and gave me a very reasonable price for a 12k service with all ford parts).
I haven't been able to find about a huge amount about Bosch service centres, so i was wondering if any backroomers would be able to tell me their experiences.
cheers
SO
Bosch Car service centres - MW
Used one years ago on a SAAB. They were very good for selling spare parts at good prices. Also they sometimes have Bosch Technical man working, who can be very highly trained on electrical problems. Most centres have a fantastic diagnostic machine. Their hourly rates were a fraction of a dealers, especially in London.
Bosch Car service centres - ShereKhan
I've used a Bosch service centre. It's only a small one in Bristol. It's more like a father and son outfot. However their service is immpecable. They call me up to remind me that my MOT is due. They do have very good diagnostic skills.

--
306 2.0 SE Cabriolet
Bosch Car service centres - daveyjp
There's also a small one in Bradford - shop on a main road with a small service bay to rear - not somewhere you would automatically choose to go! Similarly excellent diagnostic service for those unexplained electrical problems.
Bosch Car service centres as worthless as the good garage scam scheme - Bilbo1234

I know this is an old thread but one well worth reviving especially as I am currently in need fo a good garage. Its a shame it had to descend into abuse and nonsense which helps no one. How on earth can The Good Garage scheme get away with such blatant deception in not posting honest reviews, or rather anything of a negative nature. perhaps we should compain to someone but to whom? The BOSCH good garage scheme is also a con as is the ATA industry standard which you get just for showing up!!

I have a Ford that needs a clutch and was quoted £960 by a local independent who have a pretty good rep. I decided to check out Fords prices. I contacted 14 main dealers in four different counties around here and not one answered the phone after being put through to service. Two machines actually hung up after three rings. I emailed five of the dealers and only one replied three days later. So if the main dealers treat us like that then what chance have we got!! However the one who did respond eventually quoted £757 all in, which is £200 less than the indie!! How on earth does that work. Crazy or what. After my ordeal I am happy to thoroughly recommend RATES FORD of Grays Essex and service manager Danielle who provided excellent professional and efficient help and good old fashioned service like it used to be. And cheaper then the independents too.

(Edit - offensive para deleted. Please read the 'sticky' thresd about naming and shaming: link at the top of the page)

I think the moral of the story is dont trust anyone at face value when it comes to looking after your car

Edited by Avant on 03/11/2014 at 22:09

Bosch Car service centres as worthless as the good garage scam scheme - Trilogy

Probably best to go by recommendation.

Bosch Car service centres as worthless as the good garage scam scheme - Ethan Edwards

Ten years old ..it's like it didn't happen. Maybe we have all been having a shower like Bobby Ewing and the past ten years were all a dream?

Anyway...to business.

Ten years ago today Dubya claimed a second term...who would have believed that the current incumbent makes him look like a hard working insightful genius. So Dubya you were not the Worst Potus Ever -step forward Barry Oblamer and pick up your igNoble War Prize at the door..

Hamid Karzai was imposed as President of Afghanistan...great job there.

I look forward to tomorrows raft of resurrected ten year old threads so I can post age appropriate Trivia from ten years ago on them too.

Bosch Car service centres as worthless as the good garage scam scheme - scot22

I have quite recently posted about excellent service from a Bosch Service Centre when I suffered a clutch burn out on holiday. Returning home I found a nearbye Bosch garage and tried them. Again the service is excellent. Personally, I don't hold Which reports in high esteem.

Bosch regularly check standards and would become involved if there were to be dispute.

I recommend Bosch without hesitation or reservation.

Bosch Car service centres as worthless as the good garage scam scheme - alan1302

Personally, I don't hold Which reports in high esteem.

I don't either - bought a few of their 'recommended' products in the past and both were no good.

Bosch Car service centres as worthless as the good garage scam scheme - quizman

In "Which" Bosch is now old hat. Meile are the new Kings of white goods.

Bosch Car service centres as worthless as the good garage scam scheme - Nickthecar

This post is completely incorrect...