What pool car to buy? - Dave Andrews
Hi

i own a small company with 4 employees and need to buy a new pool car. we currently run an astra 2.0 diesel, T reg, but its seen better days and after 200k miles i think its time to go. id like peoples advice, i want to spend about £6000, looking for a hatch or saloon something the size of a golf or passat, diesel and be around 2/3 years old.
anyone have any ideas? as it will get quite a lot of motorway use then comfort is quite important.

thanks

dave
What pool car to buy? - Carse
Ford Focus TDCI you can get a 60,000 mile clean version for between 6k and 6.5k. If regularly serviced they last forever as the 2001+ models have a 13 year body corrosion warranty.

Carse
What pool car to buy? - Vansboy
If you were happy with the Astra, why not the same again?

Then you don't need to pay a VW or Focus, price premium, so you'll save a few £$£$£.

Plenty with sensible miles at auction, too.

VB
What pool car to buy? - Dynamic Dave
If you were happy with the Astra, why not the same
again?

Agreed. Since the new Astra has been out, the one it superseded is going for silly money.
What pool car to buy? - Vansboy
Just checked auction View link to our left - over 100 in there!!

But down to 23 with sensible miles.

How about 02 5 door 1.7 DTiLS 55k miles, average selling price in auction £5k. Thats in walsall centre 17 August.

Bet you'd get a HUGE discount on new, with a bit of haggle fun. Even current shape are below list now.

VB