multiple child car seats - auntie ros
Can anyone help us please? We are looking for a car that will take three full child car seats (ie booster seats) across the back seat. We are thinking about a VW Touran, Ford CMax etc. (not a large MPV). Has anyone got any advice or experience of trying to find a car of this size that will take three such child seats?
Thanks! Ros
multiple child car seats - patently
A difficult one.

Renault Scenic?
multiple child car seats - philipb
My three children (age 4, 5 and 7) are all still in booster seats - the latest advice seems to be that they should stay in boosters until they leave primary school.

Having tried several different cars, we settled on the VW Touran Sport TDi and have been very happy with it. The seats fit in well and the children are happy as anything. The Touran also offers the option of putting two of their friends in the third row which comes in handy for car-sharing rotas.

We did try the Ford C-Max TDCi which was highly recommended by HJ. It is really too narrow for three boosters as the middle seat is a fair bit narrower than the outer two. Also, unlike the Touran, you can't partially recline the rear seats which means that the children can't sleep during night trips. The C-max is fine for a family of four but a family of five need a larger car.

The Scenic is also worth considering but we preferred the Touran particularly with the VW Sat Nav screen.

Good luck
multiple child car seats - Mapmaker
>>until they leave primary school

I can see 11 year olds (nearly 12) loving that. And if they're sent to Prep school they have to stay in their seats until 13 (nearly 14) by which point they're 5 times the size of granny!
multiple child car seats - Mark (RLBS)
An Omega takes three child seats, and width isn't a problem.
multiple child car seats - Garethj
Might fit into a Scenic, but as all booster seats are different widths you need to go car shopping with them and try them all.

Another idea might be to try and find some narrower booster seats - let the car be chosen on it's own merits and spend £150 on some better boosters rather than let the price of the seats choose a £xxxx car for you?
multiple child car seats - Dr Rubber
You can get three across the back of a Picasso as well.

I like the touran, but I'm biassed as I have one.

Joe

multiple child car seats - Carse
Renault Scenic for me too. It has three independent seat bases perfect for three child boosters. A friend has one and has three boys and swears by it.

Carse
multiple child car seats - CM
Rented a Renault Scenic in France a few eeks ago. Apart from having a weird hand brake it is definitely set up for this sort of thing.

Not sure if I like the handbrake. I prefer a lever to pull on, but quite like it disengaging itself when you drive off.

The one I had was a dci but I think a 1.5 rather than 1.9