Zafira or New Corolla Verso? - holtyboy
Hi,

Expanding family forces me to get into the 7-seater Mini-MPV realm.

Am thinking of going for Auto this time as I've noticed that the wife spends a lot of drive time in 3rd gear without really noticing the whining noise coming from the bonnet!

I think for me it's got to be either a Zafira 1.8 Auto (prob. Design or Elegance), or the new Toyota Corolla Verso 1.8 MMT (triptronic type transmission).

Firstly, does anybody have any views on how these cars compare - I've looked around for a head-to-head but haven't seen one.

Secondly, total cost of ownership is important to me, I expect I'll keep the car for 2 to 3 years, so am keen to see how much I will lose due to depreciation over this period. That's easy to work out for the Zafira, from historical data, but I'm not sure what kind of guesswork I could do for the Toyota.

With the Zafira I'd probably pick up a 2-yr old model. The Toyota would have to be a negotiated new model, or maybe an ex-demo.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Cheers... h-b
Zafira or New Corolla Verso? - NowWheels
h-b, the previous model Corolla Verso has been out for a few years now. Not many around, but wouldn't their values give you some idea of the depreciation you could expect on the new model?
Zafira or New Corolla Verso? - holtyboy
Thanks NoWheels. The old Corolla Verso is a 5-seater. I guess I figured that the new 7-seater fits a different niche, therefore maybe depreciates differently - you might be right though. Cheers.
Zafira or New Corolla Verso? - bikemade3
Why buy second hand ? Local VX dealer had 51 plate Design 1.8 ( needed taxing, 12 months VX Warranty)marked up @ £10995 and would not shift on that. For 3K more got a Special edition 2.0 DTI Energy Model Brand new with Air con, alloys,CD,Elec Mirrors,Darkened windows,12 months RFL, 3 Years Warranty,Metallic paint, Full tank mats and flaps
You can get a "Life" edition for £12500 but does not come with the extras as standard
Do not know anything about the Toyota But as far as i am concerned the Zafira does everything i want of it.
I intend on keeping if for 5 years plus ( or untill a big lottery win )so depreciation not a factor.
Clarkson ( Top Gear) rates the Zafira so they can't be that bad unlike the sudo 4X4 BMW X3 ( 30K to get stuck in a field great as a Chelsea Tractor!)