Trade up or keep it going - malcolm@porterfield73
My Peugoet 406 LX N reg has done 123,000 just passed its MOT but mechanic has told me it will need , new discs , rear supension bushes before next summer . The clutch won`t last for ever either . Its clean , looks good and goes well . Should I keep it going or trade it in (£750 to £1,000) for a newer model ?
Trade up or keep it going - dieselhead
A garage would probably give you next to nothing for it as a trade in i.e offer £xxxx and knock that off the discount they would have given on the car your buying so i would sell privately or keep it.
Discs and suspension bushes are consumable items so not really a good reason to change a vehicle.
Common belief by the public is cars are getting worn out when they pass 100k miles but it's not true anymore if servicing is done regularly...ie oil changes every 6 months 6k miles without fail at high mileage.
Trade up or keep it going - Mapmaker
>>The clutch won`t last for ever either.

Not for ever, but is there any reason to think that it _won't_ do another x0,000 miles?

Trade up or keep it going - P 2501
If the car has been serviced well to this point then get the work done and there should be many more miles left in it. Unless you really want to change?
Trade up or keep it going - MarkSmith
A new clutch seems to strike fear into the hearts of many car owners. But you can get it done for less than the price of a decent service on many cars.

-M.
Trade up or keep it going - Civic8
Remember the saying better the devil you know.from what you said and assuming you like it.123K is nothing these days for any car.I see no reason to get rid of.I have just got another car 1 year younger than last.130k on clock is in better shape than previous car which had 65k on it
--
Was mech1