Everyman Racing at Prestwold Hall, Leics - Kuang
I spent a wonderful morning yesterday out at Prestwold Hall, just outside Loughborough, Leics, taking part in a Mini Racing event (which was given to me as a 30th birthday present by my wonderful other half) and had an absolutely fantastic time.

Over the four hours or so I got to drive a coach, run a fun Autotest in a Mini Cooper, be taken out for a few laps of the circuit by an instructor and then put down a few laps myself, take a gorgeous E-Type (still bearing Jack Brabham's name) out for a few more laps, and then be a passenger alongside one of their pro drivers in a Cooper S for a couple of extremely high speed (and slightly mental) laps.

Overall the circuit is fun, the staff are very friendly and helpful, and I had a great time which I won't forget. Much credit and thanks to all involved, and the highest of recommendations to anyone wanting to try a fun trackday for themselves.

Now for a public service announcement - Leicester Racecourse is hosting a small motorshow this Sunday sponsored by the Leicester Mercury. Nothing too big league, but they are going to have the X-Power and the new Misubishi Colt on display, along with a few other interesting bits and pieces. Entrance and parking are apparently free.