does anyone use veg oil for diesel? - Rosanbo
I am going to use veg oil from a local fish and chip shop (filtered) if I get an old diesel car.

I was wondering if anyone knows what a non petroleum based white spirit is, what is the brand name and where to buy it? and how much to add?

Then the duty to pay will be about 15p a litre, (yes I am going to do it legally).

does anyone use veg oil for diesel? - andymc {P}
Someone here may be able to help: biodiesel.infopop.cc/
I use biodiesel rather than vegetable oil. I'm not convinced of the wisdom of combusting even a small amount of white spirit in a diesel engine, but if you are doing this just as an experiment, apparently the old Merc diesels from 12-15 years ago are particularly compatible with veggie oil. Let us know how you get on.
--
andymc
does anyone use veg oil for diesel? - Sprice
They reckon Crisp n' Fry gives a car a bit of a boost
does anyone use veg oil for diesel? - Sooty Tailpipes
What sort of oil is the chip-shop using? You need to know that it's Rapeseed Oil, or Soyabean Oil, I have found an increasing number now using Genetically-Modified Soyabean Oil, with E900 Silicone Oil added - no wonder they don't taste like they used to!

I don't see how there could be a non-petroleum White Spirit, I have in the past used ordinary from Wilkos, but this has doubled-in price in a year to over £1 a litre, so I now use Petrol. You may be able to get cheaper white spirit from a cash and carry or decorator's centre.

Also, test the filtered oil, by placing some in the fridge, make sure it doesn't go cloudy, or you may have too much gum in the oil. I'd also try smoking some on a spoon with a blowtorch underneath, and make sure you don't get varnish deposits, it should evapourate cleanly.

does anyone use veg oil for diesel? - Quinny100
Cars with Lucas (Rotodiesel) fuel pumps do not run well with vegetable oil. You want a car with a Bosch pump as these work entirely mechanically and with pump the more viscous vegetable oil through at lower temperatures.
Cars with Lucas (Rotodiesel) fuel pumps do not run well with
vegetable oil. You want a car with a Bosch pump
as these work entirely mechanically and with pump the more viscous
vegetable oil through at lower temperatures.

What pumps do peugeot 106,205,206 and 306 have?
does anyone use veg oil for diesel? - Andrew-T
"What pumps do peugeot 106,205,206 and 306 have?" - Haynes manual for 205 1982-90 describes Bosch and Lucas/RotoDiesel pumps.
does anyone use veg oil for diesel? - Hjwd
Non-petroleum based white spirit is turps which comes from a tree.

See this link.... en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turpentine

Whether it is suitable to put in a car or not? That's not for me to say.
does anyone use veg oil for diesel? - Mapmaker
W123 Mercs are supposed to be particularly good at running on it.
does anyone use veg oil for diesel? - No Do$h
Re. Bosch; not universally true.

Avoid any common-rail diesels from Fiat/Alfa. Their JTD engines use pumps that will be very unhappy if you use veggy oil.

Funnily enough, it\'s a Bosch system.
Re. Bosch; not universally true.
Avoid any common-rail diesels from Fiat/Alfa. Their JTD engines use pumps
that will be very unhappy if you use veggy oil.
Funnily enough, it\'s a Bosch system.

Not sure what cars you mean here, but, I know someone who used veg oil with a Fiat Tempra quite happily.