Golf iii Electric window - greenstick
Hello all

I have a golf mk III. After my rear electric window made a loud banging noise the other day, I took the car to my local garage who have "repaired" it with a cable tie and a split pin (my kind of guys!!!)

The only problem now is that when the window hits the "fully up" position, it pauses and then drops back to approx half way down. I took it back and he says everything is in the same position within the mechanism as it was before (you can tell by the dirt, it lines up 100%)

Is there any way of resetting the sensor so that it knows when the window is at the top?

Cheers
Golf iii Electric window - Stuartli
Only had windup handles on my Jetta MkIII, but the Bora MkIV I have now does have a method of reactivating the windows closure if the battery has been disconnected.

You first have to lock the car from the outside using the driver or passenger door, ensuring all doors and windows are closed completely.

Unlock the car and then lock it again via the driver or passenger door. Hold the key in the locking position for at least one second and the automatic closing function on either door will have been reactivated.

Don't know if this will work, but worth a try as the systems are, presumably, similar in operation.
Golf iii Electric window - catcher
When you say 'it drops back...' suggests there's something wrong with the mechanism holding the window rather than the electrics.
Golf iii Electric window - greenstick
Stuartli - Thanks, I have just tried this but unfortunately, it didn't work. I have held the key in the lock position for several seconds but when the ignition is turned on and the switch is pressed...it goes down.

Terrier - Perhaps "Drops" was not the best choice of words. It is the point where the window hits resistance that it goes down, as if it had detected something stuck in the open area, such as fingers etc.

Any more idea's

Thanks