Toll charges. Oh dear. - henry k
M6 Toll road
Truck rates to be cut from £10 to £6 til end December
3 per cent not 14 per cent of trucks are using it

£2 fee goes up to £3 on 16 August

tinyurl.com/5oww3
A long way to go to read the info on the web.

Same story in London Evening Standard today.
Toll charges. Oh dear. - Ivor E Tower
Anyone know how much it is for a car to use part of the toll road?
Toll charges. Oh dear. - BazzaBear {P}
There aren't any part charges. I think you pay the full amount regardless of where you get on and off.
Toll charges. Oh dear. - Altea Ego
yup - flat fee
Toll charges. Oh dear. - gll
Does it include VAT (dartford is exempt, but the severn crossing tolls include it)
Toll charges. Oh dear. - PatrickO
Couldn't they cut it to a fiver, then you could throw it at them on the way past instead of messing with change. Difficult sods.
Toll charges. Oh dear. - Dynamic Dave
Couldn't they cut it to a fiver, then you could throw
it at them on the way past instead of messing with
change.

What you have to do is wrap the five pound note around a pound coin so that it adds weight, so you can chuck it further ;o)

Or Blu tac 3 x £2 coins together or Evostick em together.
or 6 x £1 in an old sock.
They may not be aerodynamic but they should certainly fly.

Very early one Sunday morning I once had to throw the toll fee for the Severn Bridge towards the kiosk. We could not dis-engage the clutch due to a mechanical fault and we had to keep moving. The collector was a bit surprised as we tried to shout why we were hurling money at him as we went though a little faster than normal.
Happy days.
Toll charges. Oh dear. - Adam {P}
Oh yes - the old "mechanical cluth failure" - works every time - especially at red lights.

;-)
Adam
Oh yes - the old "mechanical cluth failure" - works every
time - especially at red lights.

We eventually discovered that the clutch was perfectly OK.
Problem was with the spigot? bearing. The gearbox shaft was locked to the crankshaft.
We had to drive non stop to the Heathrow area with no stops for anything.
Toll charges. Oh dear. - Vin {P}
I stopped at the Severn bridge many years ago (9 I think) in the driving rain. Paid my way then hit the button to wind up the window. Nothing. Apparently a common fault in early Mondeos.

About five drenched miles down the road, I pulled off the M4 and found a garage where the chap wedged it shut with a piece of wood. Didn't want to charge me for 20 mins work, but I gave him a tenner.

Thus, my crossing cost me the toll, a new shirt, a clean of the inside of the car plus a tenner.

Makes the M6 toll look cheap.

V
Toll charges. Oh dear. - borasport20
The truck rates were reduced last friday - does anybody know if this has had any impact yet ?