From your fashion correspondant - Thommo
My sister married a VERY rich man and now lives in the leafy streets of Kensington. Occasionally the pleb relatives are allowed to visit and this afternoon was just such an event. A barbeque was held in the vast garden with a professional chef hired to cook (I kid you not).

Anyhow the equally posh neighbours came round and the matter of what is THE 4X4 to have was discussed. And guess what the result was? Guess what is currently the ultimate Chelsea (and Kensington) tractor to own?

The result may surprise you, it is the VW Toureg. The BMW X5 being by popiular vote, deader than disco.

My sister (naturally) owns a Toureg in case you wondered but it did indeed seem to be the vote winner and no less than 4 persons at the do had one on order.

Make of that what you will...
From your fashion correspondant - Happy Blue!
Great looking cars, far better than bloated Porker that should have been the obvious default choice for your sister and husband. X5 old hat and X3 ugly. Wait for new Disco tho' you may just get a Touareg offered to you cheap!
--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
From your fashion correspondant - Pugugly {P}
New Disco is a much more attractive motor.
From your fashion correspondant - Sofa Spud
I like the look of the new Disco and of the Toareg, though they are totally different approaches to 4x4 styling. I said on here I wouldn't mind one of the new Discos (when they become cheap enough secondhand), but apparently they weigh 2.5 tons minimum, something like 300kg up on the current Td5 ones. The only time extra weight is of benefit, I would have thought, is when towing a heavy trailer.

Cheers, B55

From your fashion correspondant - hillman
"The only time extra weight is of benefit, I would have thought, is when towing a heavy trailer."
OR.. terminating some other poor beggar in a normal car.
The TV advert for the bustle on the back of the Renault Megane is my favorite rant. How can anyone be impressed enough to look at a car when it advertised in such a crass way.
From your fashion correspondant - Altea Ego
Somehow Mr H Man, I dont think the Megane or its advertising campaign has you as its target market!
In the circumstances I thing that I must agree with Renault Family.