Polo Peirsburg 2E Problem - Peter D
My son ( 19) has an 88 Polo 1.3 sport with a Peirsburg 2E carb. H e called me out to the car last night because it has started to drink fuel. A quick look down the throttle body reveal that an insert or even a jet has come loose from within one of the support legs for the primary ventura and is now jammed across the aperture. The question is how do you get this back in and is it bonded or just a press fit. Regards Peter
Polo Peirsburg 2E Problem - Roberson
Hi Peter D,

That sounds a tricky one. But a quick look on google fould the following page with exploded diagrams of the 2E carb, but unfortunatly it for the Golf/Jetta/Passat varients, so it could be different.

tinyurl.com/3rh5c

Hope it is of some help

Roberson

{Link shortened using tinyurl.com . DD}
Polo Peirsburg 2E Problem - Mapmaker
1. Remove Pieburg.

2. Go (to a scrapyard) and get a (second-hand) Weber.
Polo Peirsburg 2E Problem - Big Cat
Here we go again. There is nothing fundamentally wrong with Pierburgs. What they are is difficult to set up correctly as I found out to my cost. But if you can find a good mechanic they work fine.
I would not recommend fitting a Weber. This is based on my experience of a Golf and a Polo. In both cases the cars ran worse with the Weber and in the case of the Polo I actually went back to the Pierburg.
Also if you switch to a Weber (or any other carb) you MUST inform your insurance since it will be classifed as a modification. Again I have been down this route and got into immense arguments with the insurance because they wanted written evidence that the car's meagre 55hp was not going to be increased. But without fitting the thing and taking it to a rolling road it would be impossible to tell.
My advice would be to keep the Pierburg and get a good mechanic to tune it up.