Rover 100 Central Locking - kentishman
Hi There,

Had a Rover 115SDL for a time now, but gradually over the last few months the central locking motors have one by one 'given up the ghost' leaving only the tailgate one now working. I have seen somewhere there are alternative replacements for these from Maplins, but they need modification to fit properly. As I dont fancy parting with £40 each from a Rover dealer, are the Maplin ones a viable alternative, or are there any others that will fit ok?

Thanks
Rover 100 Central Locking - Dynamic Dave

This previously posted thread *may* help:-

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=8867

Rover 100 Central Locking - kentishman
Thanks for the pointer Dave,

will have a look at the Maplin ones the weekend, but are there any other ones around now that would be a more direct fit?

Rover 100 Central Locking - Cyd
I may be able to help you directly, with new parts that fit straight in (or at least may only need the connectors changing), if you can hold off paying out for new ones for a couple of weeks whilst I'm away on holiday (I go tomorrow).

In the meantime, go to your dealer and get the correct part numbers for the ones you need and email them to kathryncross70@hotmail.com
Rover 100 Central Locking - grc
I have used Maplin motors on the rear doors after changing the conectors, but Rover motors are needed for the front doors due to their different shape which means they won't physically fit.
Rover 100 Central Locking - Doc
Rover motors are needed for the front doors
due to their different shape which means they won't physically fit.

I have sucessfully fitted Maplin motors to the front using heavy- duty cable ties.
(The alternative is re-drilling the bracket)
They work much better than the slow Rover units.

Rover 100 Central Locking - rushour
hi, i have recently purchased a maplins motor to replace my rear door lock motor. however when i attempted to remove the interior trim, there seems to be an adhesive holding it together.
does anyone know where i can get this adhesive or whether the panel will fit back into place without it and not make excessive rattle.

thank you
Rover 100 Central Locking - Big Cat
Use a bead of silicone sealant.