Trafficmaster Freeway subscription - Aprilia
Quite a few months ago someone bought me a new Trafficmaster Freeway unit. It came with '12 months free subscription' to the Trafficmaster service. Does anyone know how/when this starts? There is no information in the box and nothing on the website. The unit has never been powered on, so can I assume that the 12 months have not yet started? I'm having a clear out and want to sell the unit; I don't want to mislead anyone about the length of subscription on it.
Trafficmaster Freeway subscription - drbe
From memory (fingers crossed) don't you have to phone the number printed on the back of the unit? Or does it start from when the unit is first powered up and receives a signal?

I apologise if I haven't been much help. I am fairly sure that a phone call, will provide the info. required
Trafficmaster Freeway subscription - Aprilia
There is a helpline number (premium rate? - its '0990') - but this is just for technical problems, it doesn't say anything about phoning up and activating the unit.
I wondered if it communicated when it was first powered on? There is nothing at all in the instructions about starting the subscription, but it says on the box that it includes 12 months subscription.
Trafficmaster Freeway subscription - Steve Pearce
I'm pretty sure the box starts the 12 months countdown when it first gets a signal. The number on the back of the box is out of date (it is on my box at least), when called you get number unobtainable. However I found this link that allows a subscription to be renewed online:

www.trafficmaster.net/PinRoot/Pinrenew.asp

Trafficmaster Freeway subscription - Ivor E Tower
FWIW I won a Trafficmaster satnav guidance system a few months back. Used it on Sunday to go up M3 to Uxbridge area. Guidance instructions said to go via M25, arrive at 2:00pm due to delays on M25, no other routes known to Trafficmaster. Stayed on M3 past the M25, unit automatically told me I was no longer on the programmed route, recalculated an alternative with ETA of 12:40pm!!!
Actual arrival time nearer to 12:55 due to phasing of traffic lights to cross main roads eg A4.