Please recommend first car - klonky
Hello people,
I have a budget of around £6000 with which to buy my first car. I would like a 5-door hatchback (with power-steering, electric windows etc.) I like the look of the audi a3's but for that price the mileages are very high.
Any recommendations would be really appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
K
Please recommend first car - JamZ
for a first car, I would not go for an Audi A3.... if you haven't done much driving before insurance will be pretty high on one of those and you are quite likely to bump it in your first year of driving.... Bear in mind that servicing on an audi (at least at a dealer) will be fairly expensive too...
Please recommend first car - Mark (RLBS)
I don't know about which car you should get, I was in the realms of £50 wrecks when I started.

However. do make sure you have allowed for your insurance, it could eat quite significantly into your £6000.
Please recommend first car - AngryJonny
I wouldn't personally worry about the mileage on an A3... you'll probably find they're mostly motorway miles and modern engines (especially German ones) will run and run. 100,000 is barely run-in for some of these cars. I would worry about insurance costs, repair and servicing costs and stealability.

Personally, if you're looking for a mid-sized hatchback with some toys, a bit of style and a good drive, I don't think you'll do much better than a Focus.