High mileage C3 HDi. Price? - No Do$h
A friend is thinking of getting rid of one of his cars. One, a Daewoo Kalos, is relatively easy to price. The other is a bit tricky.

Any ideas on what he should ask for on the following?

Citroen C3 1.4HDi 16v SX
52 plate (2002)
58,000 miles
Full Citroen SH

With those kind of miles you can throw the price guides away. Any suggestions?
High mileage C3 HDi. Price? - Wee Willie Winkie
Autotrader shows a 2002 1.4HDi LX with 31k for £5,850. Add on an extra 27k and I'd be tempted to reduce that price by a grand, maybe more. You and I both know that 58k is nothing for a modern diesel, but I think the general public, and dealers, will shy away from a young small car with high miles.

However, if your friend wants a quick sale and will take £3000 for it, I'll have it!! Although, somehow I think my bid will be unsuccessful.
High mileage C3 HDi. Price? - NowWheels
However, if your friend wants a quick sale and will take
£3000 for it, I'll have it!! Although, somehow I think
my bid will be unsuccessful.

Drat! In the same vein, I was going to offer a tenner. Looks like i've been marginally outbid :)
High mileage C3 HDi. Price? - daveyK_UK
I will have it for 3 and a half.

how much is he selling the kalos for? Still havent seen a kalos at auction.
The Kalos is a 53 plate registered in December last year. 1.4Kalos Blue with CD & Alloys (standard on this model??) with 6,000 on the clock. He's thinking of asking around £6,500 for it.

Basically he and his missus no longer need 2 cars, but the continued high daily mileage that will be put on the remaining car seems to suggest it would be cheaper in the long run to keep the C3.

As soon as he tips the nod I'll put it in the classifieds here.
High mileage C3 HDi. Price? - daveyK_UK
6,500 for a used daewoo kalos?
ok its low mileage, but the car was a old school daewoo design and they are ging for that price brand new.
i thought 4,500 might be more realistic. The citreon is probably worth more - just make sure the cheap citreon c3 interior is still all stuck together and you should get around 4,500 without any hassle.
High mileage C3 HDi. Price? - barney100
3K sounds a good price and I wouldn't worry about the mileage if the oil has been changed regularly. Those citroen diesels do huge mileages.
High mileage C3 HDi. Price? - v0n
It's worth by the book £4800-5100 if in excellent condition and standard colour (ie. not white, yellow, purple or pea green). Glass's part exchange valuation is £5080, £4580 if in average condition. Every 10,000 miles on such young car will have impact of approx £500 in valuation.
High mileage C3 HDi. Price? - v0n
Scrap that, just noticed it's HDi diesel. £5650 for spotless car, £5090 for average condition. Anything more is clean profit. Every next 10,000 miles will knock £400 off the value.
£3 - 3.5k would be a good price. At that I'd buy it.

Mind you, £2.50 would be a good price too. I dunno, you lot sniff a bargain and you want a discount....

Thanks to v0n for a sensible answer.

ND
High mileage C3 HDi. Price? - Quinny100
Thats a steal at £3500. The HDi 16v is a cracking little engine and apart from the interior trim the C3 isn't bad either.

Theres big demand for used HDi 16v's as there are so few of them around, and they're about £9k new. If I were your friend I'd put it in the Autotrader at £5500ono and I reckon he'd probably get at least £5k.

My girlfriend has an 03 plate Exclusive with 15k on and the friend who sold it to me has said bring it back with £1500 and he'll get me the same again, not bad depreciation for a Citroen.
High mileage C3 HDi. Price? - DavidHM
v0n's got the Glass's valuations and that's my money. I'd be tempted to put it in at £5,995 (£500 cheaper than anything in the Trader atm) if he's not in a hurry, but it might not get that as it is after all £6k for a 60k mile supermini.

On the plus side (assuming it's not in one of those horrible colours - yes, you can get all of them!) it is the highly sought after HDi 16v diesel (65+ mpg and serious in gear performance) and will have air con, so it definitely has plus points.

If no one is willing to sniff at say, £5,500 asking price then I'd consider an eBay auction.

Personally though, if they're only getting rid of one car, I'd lose the Kalos as the C3 will take the miles much better in terms of holding its value (if not necessarily reliability) but will also be far cheaper to run.

£3,000 for this car is a joke price that a dealer with no profit margin in the replacement new car might try on, but wouldn't necessarily expect to pay.