Vauxhall Astra 1.6 Cesaro - blacklabel
Does anyone know of any issues with the vauxhall 1.6 cesaro? Its a '93 model,and I've been offered one for 700 quid.Is trhis a fair price? I'm looking for a first car,just passed test last week,but I've only got a grand at the most to spend.
Vauxhall Astra 1.6 Cesaro - BobbyG
IIRC this was a special edition thingy with alloys, some stripes and a fancy name.
I remember my friend had one and the timing belt went on it prematurely. Think there was a problem at the time with Vauxhalls doing this, it also happened with Tigras.
Thats all I know!
Yeah thats the one! Its apparently had a new timing belt,water pump,and brakes 5000 miles ago.
Vauxhall Astra 1.6 Cesaro - Dynamic Dave
Its apparently had a new timing belt,water pump,and brakes 5000 miles ago.

Any documentation to verify this?

Vauxhall Astra 1.6 Cesaro - Collos25
A Grand at auction would buy you a very tidy 4 or five year old middle of the road motor.EG.2001 Alfa 156 sportwagons are only fetching 3000 to 3500, T reg around the 1000 mark.1993 astra is worth about 150 with a good ticket.
Vauxhall Astra 1.6 Cesaro - DavidHM
Five year old 156s are going for a grand? I haven't been to an auction for about a year, but if this is the case, then sign me up for one!

My understanding would be that a T-plate Vectra or Mondeo with 150k might just scrape below £1,200, if colour, spec and condition aren't right. Even then, you're buying from auction, would have to budget for some reconditioning, and you would certainly have a fairly high mileage (and potential problems) to deal with. That doesn't necessarily make it a worse deal but it's not automatically better, either.

£700 is about an average kind of value for this kind of car. It's on the high side but if it's in good conidtion and has had a lot of work done then it's a reasonable price, particularly if it's from a dealer. Privately another £100 or so off might be achievable, especially if less than 9 months' MoT.
Thanks for your replies everyone.I've offered 550 for it,so we'll see what happens.It's done 66,500 miles which seems low for a car of its age(1993).Only 6 months of MOT left on it.Documentation is apparently available for all new parts,plus full service history and past MOT's.Any comments appreciated.Cheers.
Vauxhall Astra 1.6 Cesaro - Mark (RLBS)
Back with the sweeping statements then, Andy ?

You never did answer my questions about Shell Optimax.