renault espace electrics - rkm
I am having problems with my 2000 Espace, ie Rear tailgate wiper not working, Rear fog light nit working, interior lights not working, reat tailgate will not lock, airbag warning light comes on at start-up and then goes off, is there a relay that may be causing these problems as all the fuses seem to be ok?
Any help would be very much appreciated
renault espace electrics - Adam {P}
Hmm. Right.. The airbag light is meant to come on at ignition and then extinguish. That tells you that the circuits and airbag system is working. It's when it stays on you ought to worry. With regards to the rear lights and tailgate, that's a mystery. I don't know Espaces that well but there is one thing you could check. On my car there are 4 pins in the boot which when closed, touch 4 metal contacts on the car. I know that these work the rear boot release, the central locking and the rear wiper. A few weeks ago I changed the base plate as it went rusty and they've worked ever since. Can't say whether this is the same on the Espace but it's worth a look.

Someone else will know more than me and will no doubt correct me:-)
renault espace electrics - Andrew Moorey (Tune-Up)
Right, firstly is it the little red airbag light or the big one in the clock display followed by a Stop or service message? If its the little red one then that is normal.If it is the other one then you need to get someone with a scanner to download the fault codes for the Airbag system (Autoliv).Possibly the steering column 'clockspring' for the airbag (about £90). The other problem regarding the tailgate is one that caused me grief on mine recently and is caused by the system thinking that the tailgate is open. When this happens the rear wash wipe wont work and the central locking and interior lights go to pot. On mine it was the latch for the opening glass but yours sounds like it could possibly be a broken earth wire in the loom to the door as the fogs dont work. Good place to start looking is in the two cateneries that carry the wires and washer tube etc by the hinges especially if the door is used a lot.
Andrew

--
Simplicate and add lightness!!
renault espace electrics - rkm
I have checked the wiring where it crosses over to the tailgate and also continuity of the earth and live to the wiper motor,these are ok the problem seems to be after the wiper motor or the wiper motor itself. The earth & live go into the wiper motor along with two other wires. there is about 8 wires from the wiper motor that feed the rest of the tailgate electrics. The wiper motor contains a printed circuit board (no idea!!) I am reluctant to change the wiper motor just yet until I am sure of the fault, as the motor is £199.00 plus VAT (from Renault) if anyone has any further advice then this would also be much appreciated.
renault espace electrics - Don-two

Hi there, hope you can help ? I found this old post, and am having the same problem with my 2002 espace. I hoped you may have found out what the problem was and point me in the right direction.

Thank you

Don weston