New Car Problems - Renault Clio - loopy lou
I have a Renault Clio expression 2002. In the last month the car has had a new clutch, rear brakes shoes, a faulty coil and new wiring connection the gas sensors. The car has been into my local renault dealership 5 times. Am I being unreasonable to think that this is unsatisfactory. Is ther somewhere independant I can write to to complain as Renault Uk are not very interested.

I am thinking of selling it, what small car would make a a reliable replacement.

Loopy Lou
New Car Problems - Renault Clio - Itlldo
Hi Loopy Lou,
We had a Renault Clio from new, a couple of years ago. The build quality just isn't there. The faults we had were trivial in comparison to your's; things dropping off or breaking, generally. I would never recommend any French-built car. Pergeot recently had problems with starter motors catching fire.
I think Honest John would suggest a Toyota Yaris. We have something a bit bigger, a Suzuki Liana auto, which has given us 10,000 trouble-free miles. You get a lot of car for your money.
Regards,
Itlldo
New Car Problems - Renault Clio - daryld
I agree.

My father bought a new Renault 25 back in the 1980's. The ads at the time said 'One of lifes better decisions'.

The electrics were naff, as were the two auto transmissions it got through in 10,000 miles. Plus it depreciated so much.

So I keep away from the french stuff.

New Car Problems - Renault Clio - Mapmaker
If you go through clutches at that rate, you should consider an auto. Of course if it's not your fault...