Mazda MPV anyone?? - dodo
Missus took a run in a new Mazda MPV 2.3 Turbo Diesel yesterday and quite liked it. Access to the last row of seats is a bit tight but she says it goes well, stops well and has loadsa toys. Its to replace an indifferent 2002 Galaxy Tdi 115 which is well designed but badly built. Has anyone actually run a Mazda MPV or are sales akin to the famous (or infamous) Honda Legend? Thanks
Mazda MPV anyone?? - LongDriver {P}
Isn't is about to be discontinued?

I think they're worse than a Galaxy IMHO - but they're not really in the same league.
Mazda MPV anyone?? - Ivor E Tower
What's wrong with your Galaxy? Mine built in Oct 2000 is OK apart from one odd rattle from the dash. I think you'll find that Volvoman now runs a Mazda mpv and may be able to assist. Personally I find it rather bland. Horses for courses?
Mazda MPV anyone?? - dodo
Thanks for the information. Does anyone know where I can find out more about the new Mazda 4 MPV ? If it has the dynamic qualities of the 3 and 6 it should be okay!
Mazda MPV anyone?? - volvoman
Well I don't know about anywhere else but there are a few around here. I bought a 53 plate 2.0 litre turbo diesel MPV a few months ago and am very pleased with it so far. I know the car has had a faclift for 2004 which includes the 2.3 litre engine and apparently traction control is now standard (although I don't think I'd ever need it in an MPV). Given its size I find mine a nice car to drive. It accelerates well and will fairly race up steep hills with little effort. MPG is excellent although I've yet to work it out exactly and due to my low annual mileage I'm not that bothered anyway. Can't offer any real comparsions with other MPV's except the Hyundai Trajet which wasn't anywhere near as well made/finished and seemed underpowered. I bought mine because I wanted Japanese and I liked it. I quite like the fact that there aren't too many on the roads but couldn't really give a fig what other people think about it. What matters most is whether you and your wife like it - if so, buy it, if not....
Good luck.