Mini Cooper S a/con pong - yokel
When I have the air con switched on there is a funny smell coming out, a bit pongy. Think I readu somewhere about bacteria that breeds in a/con systems?

Or could the pollen filter be blocked?

Any ideas/suggestions welcome.

Thanks,

Gary

Mini Cooper S a/con pong - Altea Ego
Yes that true, it happens, presumably your mini is not that old, so its a bit quick for that to happen. YOu dont smoke do you?

Any good aircon place can fumigate an aircon system.
Mini Cooper S a/con pong - BazzaBear {P}
I've been told that this is caused by the aircon being left un-used for too long. It's suggested that even if you don't need it, it be operated for a short time pretty regularly.
One tip is too get the engine nice and hot, put the heater on full blast, put the air distribution into recirculate mode, close the windows and leave it idling for 15 mins to 1/2 hour. This dries out all the vents, exchangers etc and kills the bacteria.
and kills the bacteria.

...along with any occupants of the car! ;)
and get out of the car.
Oh right. Yeah, that'd make sense :D
Mini Cooper S a/con pong - yokel
Thanks for the advice, will give it a try.
Mini Cooper S a/con pong - Dynamic Dave

www.honestjohn.co.uk/faq/faq.htm?id=14

Mini Cooper S a/con pong - Oz
I gather there is also a proprietary product from Comma (available from Halfords) which is an Air Conditioning Cleaner to eliminate bacteria and viruses from a/c systems, in the form of an aerosol which is allowed to discharge in the car while the a/c system is running - takes around 10 minutes supposedly.
Don't know if it's any good.
Oz (as was)