Dumb drivers - Rita
Have just returned from a coach trip holiday to Italy. We-ell, it is what some of we masochists do. We stopped at a motorway pit stop in France for breakfast after which we rejoined the coach, which then began to pull away and head for the slip road to access the motorway.

I just happened to be looking straight ahead through the windscreen as we moved down a one-way service road. Having noticed large white arrows pointing in the direction from which we came I glanced right just in time to a large no-entry sign. I yelled out to the driver that he was going the wrong way and had passed a no-entry sign.

Not a word came in response. He continued slowly rounding a left-hand curve with the coach lurching alternatively up and down both kerbs. Oi, Chruchill,have I spotted this morning’s deliberate error, I called out to the driver? Again, no response. I then decided that I had when I looked out of a right hand window and saw a farmer with tractor who had stopped in his tracks and was watching in amazement whilst at the same time screwing in his left forefinger slowly and deliberately at his temple.

The coach then meandered back onto the complex, found it’s way on to the correct slip-road and we continued on our way with me mouthing to my sister that thank gawd I had been able to take out travel insurance only two hours before we left home.

The subsequent explanation from the driver – none.