Rover 218 radio - laughingirl
Having problems bringing a Rover 218 (M reg) radio back to life after the battery was disconnected. Have tried following guidelines in the rover handbook, which suggested a "C" should be displayed but it was totally blank. Have also tried leaving it on for long journeys - any ideas?
Rover 218 radio - Jono_99
Fuse?

"C" is for code I presume - you would then enter the four digit code you hopefully have.

Jono
Rover 218 radio - Civic8
You may find it is being displayed but the bulb has blown behind the display.it is only a small bulb and just plugs in.I think you can get them from maplins or similar
Rover 218 radio - Dynamic Dave

As others have suggested, sounds like the backlight has failed.

If it has, then this link *may* help you.

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=7725

Also, here are some instructions for entering the stereo code on a Rover. Not sure if it applies to your stereo or not though.

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=10454&...e

Rover 218 radio - laughingirl
Thanks to all for your suggestions. I will try a new backlight but if that was the only problem the radio should work if switched on?

We have the code and instructions for entering but can't get the radio set up to the stage of entering the code - it is just dead. Will try a new light, otherwise take it in to be looked at.

Thanks again
Rover 218 radio - Victorbox
I think what the other people are saying is that you will only get the C on the display until you enter the radio code. As you can't see the C the radio appears dead. Another thought, is there a small fuse in a holder on the back of the radio that could have blown or been dislodged? Have you established with a test light or something else that the is still power to the back of the radio?
Rover 218 radio - Civic8
The radio wont make any noise untill the code is entered.fuse is located next to power supply plug/speaker plug.if blown will be visible through top of fuse.Hope that helps
Rover 218 radio - DL
IMO it's just not worth doing any remedial repair work to these 'poor' Phillips units.
--
groups.msn.com/honestjohn - Pictures say a thousand words..... Reply | Report as offensive | Link
Rover 218 radio - Civic8
I would agree with DL it may cost more than the radio is worth to correct the problem.Bearing in mind you can get a decent r/cassette very cheap now.I have seen them for about £40 but would be inclined to pay a bit more as radio reception on cheapo`s is not always great ie some are worse than the one you have.